WTB - Sawmill

5 hours ago, Wiljo05 said:

Figured I'd check here before going new in the hopes someone has one out back not being used.

I needed to cut a small amount of lumber, and I bought an Alaskan Saw Mill to do that. It worked really well, but it's fairly labor intensive and it can't be great on the ol' chainsaw. But I ended up with enough large-dimension lumber for the project I was working on and it more than paid for the tool. If you have a lot to do, though, it's probably not the way to go.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Darrell said:

I needed to cut a small amount of lumber, and I bought an Alaskan Saw Mill to do that. It worked really well, but it's fairly labor intensive and it can't be great on the ol' chainsaw. But I ended up with enough large-dimension lumber for the project I was working on and it more than paid for the tool. If you have a lot to do, though, it's probably not the way to go.

I've gone down that road, and while it worked you are right - it's a bear and to get to final furniture (even rustic) grade. If I can figure out the pic attachment it has a crotch figured rustic walnut table I built. This slab was done with my Alaskan mill and 36" bar, and while it worked, left a lot of finish work

20201125_095604.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Wiljo05 said:

Figured I'd check here before going new in the hopes someone has one out back not being used.

Looking for a mid size saw mill (ideally capable of cutting up to 30" logs give or take.)

I know it's a slim chance, but worth a shot.

My neighbor has one a couple years old. He has had some health issues and told me he is going to sell it a few months ago. If you pm me your contact info I can pass it along to him.

• Love 1
On 1/17/2022 at 1:43 PM, Hozzie said:

A buddy and I have been talking about buying one for years.  They are crazy expensive.  Gook luck in your search.  

Not only are they expensive, I called WoodMizer in Georgia today, and the sales guy said they have a 6+ month wait on the small units, and 12-15 month on bigger mills!

• Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 1:43 PM, Hozzie said:

A buddy and I have been talking about buying one for years.  They are crazy expensive.  Gook luck in your search.  

Did you find your sawmill? I see one advertised on Craigslist near Gatlinburg.  I know nothing at all about it except what's in the ad:

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/hvo/d/gatlinburg-portable-saw-mill-woodland/7438368841.html

12 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

Wiljo05 was looking, but thanks. 

Thanks for the thought and posting the link. They are trying to double their money on that one. They likely will as most are 6 months to a year out, especially if it's of any size.

I'm still looking, and am on 1 wait-list but would still like to buy one as soon as possible. 

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/17/2022 at 1:14 PM, Wiljo05 said:

Looking for a mid size saw mill (ideally capable of cutting up to 30" logs give or take.)

I know it's a slim chance, but worth a shot.

I have a 36"x20' beefed up sawmill.

I don't know how to send you my number for pics.