FN Releasing a new High Power [sic] for 2022?

TGO David

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Oddly enough, I am starting to evolve my thinking about how essential an accessory rail is on a handgun.

I still want a rail for a weapon mounted light but I also think that the variety of weapon lights makes the process of finding a quality holster incredibly challenging.

• Like 2

Must say, this is exciting news.  

I would already own a SA if I could find one but alas.......

If SA had had the inventory available when they launched, they would have saturated the market and put a hurtin' on FN's launch, but now it will be a dog fight.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Oddly enough, I am starting to evolve my thinking about how essential an accessory rail is on a handgun.

I still want a rail for a weapon mounted light but I also think that the variety of weapon lights makes the process of finding a quality holster incredibly challenging.

Totally a fair point. But my light choices are fairly pedestrian. Make a holster for the gun + X300 and I’m a happy man. Also, I’ve settled into my holster choices as well. T-Rex Arms Gen 2 Sidecar or a Safariland. I’m easy and not always looking for the new new. I’ve found what works for me and am happy to now slide into curmudgeonly crustiness. 😂

• Like 1

No offense to FN fans but FN seems to think their pistols are made of gold when it comes to their prices. Even their polymer .45ACP pistols are crazy high priced. I wanted one but got a Glock 21 at $200 less. 

Edited by tercel89
explaining how crazy a$$ priced this POS's are !
  • Like 3
  • Administrator
23 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

No offense to FN fans but FN seems to think their pistols are made of gold when it comes to their prices. Even their polymer .45ACP pistols are crazy high priced. I wanted one but got a Glock 21 at $200 less. 

I never really understood the pricing on the FNX-45 but I guess I just assumed that I wasn't their target demographic for that one.

The 509M on the other hand, in my opinion, offers everything right out of the box that most folks wish the Glock 19 offered.  My only complaint about the 509M was that the sear is incredibly intricate, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is inherently unreliable.  It's just not as simple and elegant as the sear in a Glock.  But neither is the sear in an M&P or a VP9 or a Walther PDP or any other gun for that matter.

The 509 pricing is much more in-line with the competition.

I realize their pistols are more complicated than Glock for example. But my workplace uses Glock since they are very simple and reliable. I guess this has carried over to my personal choices. I like my pistols to be as simple and less complicated as they can be , except my Beretta 92 and CZ75. They have many parts but run like a well oiled machine. But dang , this high Power version is just wayyyy expensive. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

https://fnamerica.com/products/fn-high-power-series/fn-high-power-ss/

Here ya go, folks. 
Ambi controls. Easier takedown.
17rd magazine!

OG definitely returning for the throne. 

Still would have liked a rail tho. 

Looks good to me. This lefty appreciates inclusion of an ambi safety lever. That's my only gripe with the CZ75 I have.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Nope, nope, nope. I don't like it one bit. Ya don't go just changing up a true classic. I think FN has screwed up big time. 🤬

I will be buying a SA-35 as soon as I can find one. But I want nothing to do with this new FN abortion. 💩

Tell us what you really think. 🤣

2 hours ago, tercel89 said:

While I don't totally disagree with you on the pricing, the 509 series pricing is pretty good, IMO. 

Take the run of the mill FN .45 & it will shoot rings around any Glock with the factory barrel. Some people (like me) are willing to pay a bit for much better accuracy.

• Like 1