Meat Loaf, the ‘I’d Do Anything for Love’ singer, dead at 74

The Legion

When my wife and I first started seeing each other we would sing this when it came on the radio. Brings back good feelings for us every time we hear the song, still sing it. Ol Meat Loaf lead a hard life in his younger years, and made it as a singer along with other things.

Paradise By The Dashboard Light

• Like 2

I was just on the "What are you listening to now" thread. Just banging away on the keys and remembering all the music. Had just watched the Dan Rather interview with Meat. Thought Meat looked bad in it.

Finished up and saw snavba's comment. Stunned. Had to look it up.

My musical heart is broken right now. Been a fan of Meat since his beginnings. Listened lying on the floor between 2 speakers while my wife screamed for me to turn it off. Have Bat Out of Hell in my car always.

Shutting up. Condolences to Meat's family and fans. You will be missed.

Meat Loaf A'day. RIP>

Another Anti-Vaxxer down....hate this happened to him big fan of his music...but it is what it is.

and before ya'll come with the pitchforks current customer count with covid is 2 mild symptoms (vaxxed) 2 in ER (unvaxxed) 2 on day 12 with bad symptoms (unvaxxed)....ages 30-40's none over 50.  Had 1 die from Covid late last year but she was anti vax and pretty overweight.

• Like 1

From what I understand he was anti-mandate for sure like myself. He may or may not have been vaxxed.

Two different things. I see no conflict if he was vaxxed.

More to come out I'm sure. Also at 74 he had been pretty hard on his body over the years so something was going to take him down eventually. 

Anyway he made his mark on music and was so unique and talented.

One of those artists who made music you loved the first time you heard it and decades later still love it.

RIP you'll live on in your music 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Another Anti-Vaxxer down....hate this happened to him big fan of his music...but it is what it is.

and before ya'll come with the pitchforks current customer count with covid is 2 mild symptoms (vaxxed) 2 in ER (unvaxxed) 2 on day 12 with bad symptoms (unvaxxed)....ages 30-40's none over 50.  Had 1 die from Covid late last year but she was anti vax and pretty overweight.

From what 99.7 is saying he was anti-mandate; not anti-vax. I will also point out that, given the timing, he died from Omicron which is infecting vaccinated people. He's also had multiple failed back surgeries making it impossible to do any serious exercises.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, RED333 said:

When my wife and I first started seeing each other we would sing this when it came on the radio. Brings back good feelings for us every time we hear the song, still sing it. Ol Meat Loaf lead a hard life in his younger years, and made it as a singer along with other things.

Paradise By The Dashboard Light

Yes...many late nights dates in my old car with a former love were spent with that playing.

I could be killed for this by wife...so keep it quiet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just last weekend, the wife and I were out running errands, and Paradise by the Dashboard Lights came on. I was joyfully singing along, and took a break to comment about what a clever song it was. She says to me, "I've never heard this song before". I tried telling her that it would be impossible to not have heard that song before, but she insisted. I don't even know who I'm married to now.

I practically wore out my old vinyl copy of Bat out of Hell. Sad to see his passing. Such a great entertainer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, hipower said:

Yes...many late nights dates in my old car with a former love were spent with that playing.

I could be killed for this by wife...so keep it quiet.

Well, well, well, just how much toilet paper do you have in stash? Enough I can keep my mouth shut, well for today!!!🤪

Edited by RED333
Because I can
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Like many here I too still enjoy Meatloaf’s music on my classic rock playlist. His is a sad death, but concerning Covid-19 he was quoted saying that he would rather die than be controlled. Freedom!

Edited by Links2k
6 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

So what's your point?  Is vaccine status the new litmus test of remembrance?

He was anti-mandate, as so very many people are and with good reason.  Many of those people who are against mandates also get vaxxed.  It is in fact possible to be against edicts and still do the right thing for yourself and those around you.  Regardless, do we know whether he was vaxxed or not? No.  He already had enough health problems to begin with.

It's absurd that covid has to be thrown into the conversation whenever someone dies now.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

Just last weekend, the wife and I were out running errands, and Paradise by the Dashboard Lights came on. I was joyfully singing along, and took a break to comment about what a clever song it was. She says to me, "I've never heard this song before". I tried telling her that it would be impossible to not have heard that song before, but she insisted. I don't even know who I'm married to now.

I practically wore out my old vinyl copy of Bat out of Hell. Sad to see his passing. Such a great entertainer. 

Never heard it? Wow! That's incredible. I thought it was the go-to song for every guy looking to get a little action! Bouncy and upbeat...sometimes confusing lyrics, but always enjoyable. Just about the perfect soundtrack for all young men's lives!

10 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

WTF is wrong with you? Unbelievable.