My turn for Covid

OLDNEWBIE

Felt a bit feverish and my PT gig requires something to stay home so I got tested yesterday. Went whole hog on tests! Thought what the heck.

Flu neg. Antibody test to see if I've had recent Covid neg. So my last flu like suffering was probably flu,

and if I had past Covid... any Immunity is now gone. I really feel I had Covid when it first hit us. I'll never know.

Covid test was positive. I had a home test that came back negative so I was a little surprised. This is my 3rd day, worst was first day 102 fever achy.

Currently bit of a sore throat and very low fever both controlled with otc pain relievers. Bored to death.

Nearly 58 eat poorly don't exercise  but not a big drinker anymore and don't smoke. My PT job is physical so I'm fitter than I deserve. Doc was not concerned and neither am I.

I kept waiting for them to ask had I been vaxxed. How do they come up with all these stats when they don't ask?  I have not been vaxxed btw.

Also they have no way to know what variant, again how accurate are those stats? I assume random samples?

I'm hoping my bout with Covid is going to become typical. Basically morphing into another flu and treated like one.

To be watched and taken Serious but not enough to keep the world crazy.

All the crazy hasn't helped much.

• Like 1

You will be fine, don’t worry or have any stress, neither is good for you. You will pull through this with flying colors and join the world of natural immunity. Wishing for the best, take care and be safe.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, RED333 said:

You will be fine, don’t worry or have any stress, neither is good for you. You will pull through this with flying colors and join the world of natural immunity. Wishing for the best, take care and be safe.

The only stress or worry is trying to keep quarantining in a full house. 3 others vaxxed and one had Covid after vax. 

Without wearing a hazmat suit and a house with my own private wing someone is bound to have contact. 

Never mind all the people that they interact with that might have it.

Not worried as they are all younger and healthier than me but I'd hate to be blamed for causing them any misery. And they are sooo good at blame lol.

4 hours ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

I'm hoping my bout with Covid is going to become typical. Basically morphing into another flu and treated like one.

It sounds pretty typical for the half dozen or so folks I know who've gotten this round of it. My youngest woke up with a sore throat and mild fever. Test results pending. I think he's enjoying laying in bed with the laptop all day. 

• Like 1

My older son called yesterday. He tested positive. 🤬 He is 42 yo,  vaxxed and boosted, but is also diabetic. Says it feels like a bad sinus infection.  Called the doctor today. They called him in some pretty heavy meds. He's dosing and hiding out at home. Talked to him today and he is feeling a little better. Hopefully this is as bad as it'll get. 

He shares a house with a married couple about his age. Apparently, the wife started a new job on Monday and came home with the Covid that same day. Now all three of them have it. 💩

• Like 1

Update, 

Back to work masked as per Docs & I assume CDC orders. No lasting effects I can notice.

Since original post I got better real quick. If it was Omicron, then for me it was no big deal. Wish it was that way for everyone. All reports are most people deal with it well.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

Update, 

Back to work masked as per Docs & I assume CDC orders. No lasting effects I can notice.

Since original post I got better real quick. If it was Omicron, then for me it was no big deal. Wish it was that way for everyone. All reports are most people deal with it well.

Glad you're feeling better.

If I make it back up your way someday, with your permission, might give you a shout. Spent a little time in the thriving metropolis of Cookeville. lol.

Actually grew up and lived in Baxter and had a trailer apartment in Cookeville until I met my wife and moved to Nashville in '74/'75. Can't remember when exactly.

The place sure has grown since then!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, OLDNEWBIE said:

No lasting effects I can notice.

Since original post I got better real quick. If it was Omicron, then for me it was no big deal.

Happy you are over it and yes, for most it is not a big deal. Welcome to the world of natural immunity.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, hipower said:

Glad you're feeling better.

If I make it back up your way someday, with your permission, might give you a shout. Spent a little time in the thriving metropolis of Cookeville. lol.

Actually grew up and lived in Baxter and had a trailer apartment in Cookeville until I met my wife and moved to Nashville in '74/'75. Can't remember when exactly.

The place sure has grown since then!

Sure look me up, it has grown allright and trailer apts. Or any dwelling is a scarce commodity now.

As predicted my vaxxed 13 year old now has Covid and pointing finger at me! Wife feeling she may have it. Other kid had it a few months back and they're  vaxxed as well to make recent travel easier so she may escape this time.

Never mind the school was briefly closed because too many sick and every other family we know has it.

NO, I'm the obvious spreader sitting in a separate room masked up staying away from everything. 

Be careful out there guys. The accusations are far worse than the symptoms lol.

I came down with symptoms on Jan 2nd. Unvaccinated... age 74. Tested positive on day 4. The worst part was the sort throat caused by sinus congestion. I followed the FLCCC protocol. You can look it up. NyQuil, DayQuil, and pseudoephedrine helped a LOT with the sore throat.  I made the 1% solution povidone-iodine nasal spray and so did my wife. The recipe is on the FLCCC website. I think it cut down the viral load from my nose and what my wife probably breathed in enough to prevent her from catching it. It lasted about 5 days and then got noticeably better. The fatigue lasted 14 days and I still have some slight sinus drainage. 

If you think about it, the nasal rinse (spray) makes a lot of sense since the virus grows first in the nasal passageways. 

• Like 1