5 hours ago, JustEd said:

I have one, but too much money into mine to sell it (trigger and fit to Holosun)

SMGA has them new in stock for $489.99.  

What did you do to fit the Holosun? I tried one of the adapter plates and did not like the fit so I put a swamp fox on mine. I preferred the Holosun but the fitment on the swamp fox is better and it is a good optic. I know this question isn't exactly on topic but it could be useful info for Erik88 in his purchase. Thanks

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, johne said:

What did you do to fit the Holosun? I tried one of the adapter plates and did not like the fit so I put a swamp fox on mine. I preferred the Holosun but the fitment on the swamp fox is better and it is a good optic. I know this question isn't exactly on topic but it could be useful info for Erik88 in his purchase. Thanks

To fit the Holosun you have to remove the rear recoil lugs and reduce the height of the front lugs. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, johne said:

That is kind of what I thought. I guess the real question should have been who did the work and how was the slide recoated?

No reason to do entire slide. It is just two marks under the Holosun, like screw heads. I just coated mine with cold blue. Really no big deal.   Mind you that was having a gun smith mill the lugs down. If you diy with a file there would be more metal exposed

Also, a adapter plate would keep the Holosun from co witnessing. It does that nicely if mounted directly onto slide. 407k or 507k. 

Edited by JustEd
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, johne said:

I've been really impressed with the Swampfox Sentinel on my Hellcat. Really impressive for the price. 

Sorry to have gotten so much going on the thread but hopefully the info will be helpful. I would consider selling mine however my wife likes it too much and you are three hours away. Also I would probably replace it if I sold it.

Someone mentioned getting one with the Wasp which I think is also a good idea as the prices are really good right now. I know there are some poor reviews on the Wasp but I suspect Springfield would stand behind it. When you look at the Wasp it looks really good on the gun and the serrations on the edges and surfaces seem to be in the right places. I have had optics in which there were smooth surfaces below the glass where a top mounted battery cover would be on some models and they had horrible reflections from that surface onto the lens. The serrations and no smooth surfaces really reduce that. Plus right now some places are selling the Hellcat with the WASP include for $145 more that I paid for mine.

I don't know how comfortable you are with purchasing on line and having one shipped to your local FFL. That is what I did. Of course you have to have a reputable dealer. You can often get free shipping and some dealers do not charge sales tax. All those things can add up to a good value. I paid $475 for mine plus $15 to ship and $30 for the FFL Transfer. I purchased two different guns at the same time and my FFL does not charge extra for a second gun since it is on the same background check at the same time. 

Good luck with your purchase. I think you will really like it either way you go.