Winchester model 290 REDUCED 270.00 SOLD!!!!

5 hours ago, RED333 said:

You apple guys and the .heic files, us PC guys cant see the pic. Convert to .jpeg so we can see the pics.

GLWS

It's the forum software, it should be able to display these, but a setting may need to be set for this file extension.  My windows based tablet can natively display these, but has to be downloaded first.

What's funny is that apple's files can just have the extension changed, like from .heic to .jpg with no format change and the picture will work everywhere.  Same with their music files, they can be changed from .m4a to .mp3 and most players that don't support apple will play them.

Edited by Omega
add data
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, bobsguns said:

Am I seeing things or has the stock been repaired for a crack? It looks like something other than a crack, maybe the wood fitted together? Looks odd to me based on the pic.

I think that curved line you are seeing in that second pic is the edge of where the forearm changes thicknesses. To the left of that line is thicker than the right. In the first pic you can see it better. It is hard to see the change of thickness in the second pic. You just see that curved edge which does look a little weird at first glance until you realize what it is. 

3 hours ago, KahrMan said:

I think that curved line you are seeing in that second pic is the edge of where the forearm changes thicknesses. To the left of that line is thicker than the right. In the first pic you can see it better. It is hard to see the change of thickness in the second pic. You just see that curved edge which does look a little weird at first glance until you realize what it is. 

Yeah, I thought it might be a scratch but it was too uniform to be that. You said it wasn't a crack, so I was just scratching my head at this point. LOL! 

8 hours ago, chance77 said:

Your guess is as good as mine?  I thought that I really priced it too cheap...

Maybe, maybe not. Hard to say with prices all over the place these days. 

Ironically, Winchester is just about the only brand of .22 rifle I don't own. I refuse to own a Ruger, but I have one of just about every one else. 

(I need to quit reading this damn thread before it costs me $$$!) 

• 3 weeks later...