"Smart gun" can't fire two rounds consecutively

Story

Last week, we lambasted reports of a new “smart gun” that Reuters raved about in a glowing “exclusive.” Reuters reporter Daniel Trotta wrote that the third-generation prototype fired “without issue” during a live-fire demonstration for investors and the media.

Now though, additional footage of the event has since surfaced that shows the LodeStar Works gun couldn’t manage to fire two rounds without an issue during one of the exercises.

The truth of the matter is that smart guns aren’t ready for prime time. Not by a mile. But, companies working on them know they can gin up publicity–and likely some degree of investment–by sending out a few press releases and telling the media about how awesome their new firearms are.

My concern is Biden is going to be looking for ANYTHING to hang his hat on in order to deflect away from his 30% approval rating. Whether it's the Ukraine issue or something domestic like gun control, he's going to latch onto something. Certainly Governor's in anti-gun states are also always looking for the newest-bestest thing to hang their hats on, be it licensing, one-gun-a-month purchasing, mandatory training or this "safe gun" crap. Thankfully, TN isn't one of those states but the urban bastions of gun haters in Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville & Chattanooga never let an opportunity go by, IMO. (Nashville, Memphis & Knoxville have all banned gun shows from city-owned property, for example.) 

I urge everyone to read the linked article as well as some of the other articles linked to the featured story. It's not surprising to see how the MSM has bent over backwards to applaud these so-called "safe guns" despite their utter failures in performing. There's going to be a strong push for them sooner or later & we honest gun owners need to be educated on the front end in order to not sound like the  NIMBY bunch we too often see & hear. 

I, for one, am ALWAYS going to counter this proposal with making it mandatory for Federal Agents to be the first ones to use these. Make sure the politicians whom have armed body guards have only guns with this modification. Ditto for the FBI, US Marshalls & Secret Service. While we're at it, the armed security that protects celebrities while the celeb touts gun control for the unwashed masses. I would hope the media would have a hard time disagreeing with the law enforcement agencies being the first ones to use these, but who knows?

Again, please take a few moments to read the article. It's very short and informative.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bobsguns said:

Story

I, for one, am ALWAYS going to counter this proposal with making it mandatory for Federal Agents to be the first ones to use these. Make sure the politicians whom have armed body guards have only guns with this modification. Ditto for the FBI, US Marshalls & Secret Service. While we're at it, the armed security that protects celebrities while the celeb touts gun control for the unwashed masses. I would hope the media would have a hard time disagreeing with the law enforcement agencies being the first ones to use these, but who knows?

Again, please take a few moments to read the article. It's very short and informative.

I agree totally with this statement.  Issue the Federal Law Enforcement Agencies across the board and see how well they like them!  My guess there will be howling big time over such a move by the Federal Government and they will back off quickly.  You can bet that every Agent will be carrying a dumb BUG, as well as their agency issued Smart Pistol.