Gun Shops in the Nashville area.

downtown

I may be able to get to Nashville to browse some gun shops this week. It's been awhile since I've been. Where are some good places that have a decent amount of stock? Any good pawn shops that have a good selection too. I might get to the Mt Juliet area to check out the reloaders bench also. TIA. 

Guns & Leather in Greenbrier, Nashville Armory, and Royal Range are all good ones. Franklin Gun Shop used to have good inventory but I'd never pay their prices. Fine if you're window shopping. Outpost Armory is good too if you head down I24 about half an hour or so.

• Like 1

Guns & Leather Hendersonville is good, too, but the Greenbrier store seems to have more inventory.

I like Goodlettsville Gunshop too, but not if you're into higher-end merchandise. He occasionally gets some nice stuff like a Colt National Match, but that's not his bread and butter.

We also have the Glock Store but I haven't been yet.

1 hour ago, hipower said:

The Gun Crew in Old Hickory. Good people. Good selection.  A bit of a constant state of clutter with so much product in and out there.

This.

They rarely have anything as mundane as a bolt action, most of their long guns are along the lines of "modern sporting rifles", aka black rifles. They also carry a good bit of higher end goodies such as B&T. A lot of their inventory isn't found anywhere else in Nashville.

Another decent shop down the road is The Reloaders Bench. Exit Mt. Juliet Road from I-40 East, they're kinda close to the Captain D's restaurant. They do some neat used long guns, IMO. 

Ronnie Barrett has a nice, big new shop further out I-24 East, The Outpost. Sadly, I've not been in it yet so I can't comment on it. 

Depending on your direction of travel, Dickson Sporting Goods (In Dickson, TN) is usually worth a look. They're just off of I-40 West, about 25 minutes from Nashville. 

Franklin Gun Shop is an excellent place to kick tires on some upper tier shotguns. They sell at MSRP, sometimes a bit more though. Nice shop though. They're in Franklin, TN, just down I-65 South about 20 minutes from Nashville. If you do get there, check out their town square, it's like being in Mayberry, IMO. Free parking all around, nice restaurants, lots of history there. Beautiful homes too, all around town. If you have a wife, she'll greatly enjoy Cool Springs Mall, about 5-10 minutes north of Franklin. 

The Mid State is blessed with many good gun shops, IMO. Many aim for a niche in one way or another, some try to be an all-round shop. One could dedicate two full days to hit them all, counting the closer outlying shops. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Music City Pawn had a decent selection of pistols and rifles (mostly sporting). As with most pawn shops, a little over priced, but you may be able to haggle with them. They are good folks. I use them as amy FFL. They also stand by their policy of return for refund with in (I think) 5 days. I picked up a Sig Mosquito there that would not work for $h1t. Would not work well with any 22LR I tried. They took it back, no questions asked. 

1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

Music City Pawn had a decent selection of pistols and rifles (mostly sporting). As with most pawn shops, a little over priced, but you may be able to haggle with them. They are good folks. I use them as amy FFL. They also stand by their policy of return for refund with in (I think) 5 days. I picked up a Sig Mosquito there that would not work for $h1t. Would not work well with any 22LR I tried. They took it back, no questions asked. 

Over the past 2 decades, I've had at least 3, maybe 4 Sig Mosquitos come thru my hands. In the days my late brother-in-law and I almost lived in the midstate gun shows, I'd find them for a really low price and buy them. Personal opinion. All of them were junk. You name the problem in cheap 22's and it had them. Dropped one and cracked the slide. Sold it for a parts gun. Think I got 50 for it. I felt like I'd robbed somebody at that.

I just didn't learn. lol If I saw one cheap, I bought it.  Should have thought that over more carefully. When I sold the last one at the old and great Hendersonville Expo Center show, I vowed to never buy another! So far, I've made.  

In the last few years, I've seen comments on here that they are better now. I'll let you find out. I'm not buying one again...unless it's real cheap!

I have bought guns from most of the Nashville area gun shops over the years.  My ‘go to’ shops are The Gun acres and Goodlettsville Gun Shop. Reese, Brandon and all the guys at the Gun Crew are awesome, and because they also sell a lot on the internet, all the stock may not be out, so ask if you’re looking for something in particular.  You’ll also see them at most of the bigger gun shows across the state.  Phillip at the Goodlettsville Gun shop moves a lot of stock for such a small store.  His is the kind of place you need to visit regularly, or follow on Facebook, since his stock moves FAST!

9 hours ago, hipower said:

Over the past 2 decades, I've had at least 3, maybe 4 Sig Mosquitos come thru my hands. In the days my late brother-in-law and I almost lived in the midstate gun shows, I'd find them for a really low price and buy them. Personal opinion. All of them were junk. You name the problem in cheap 22's and it had them. Dropped one and cracked the slide.

The Mosquito I owned ran 100%. I also kept the rails & slide well-oiled & shot CCI ammo out of it. This model had the threaded bbl & ran 100% with the suppressor as well. 

7 hours ago, hipower said:

However my experiences with th Mosquito were totally different.

Obviously, based on your other post.

One thing I've noticed with a lot of mid-tier .22 semi's is they run a LOT better with a liberal dose of oil on the slide & rails. The aluminum frame (on a lot of them) doesn't do well with the steel slide when there's not extra lube, IMO. Extra, good quality lube goes a long way in overcoming cycling issues, IMO. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, bobsguns said:

Obviously, based on your other post.

One thing I've noticed with a lot of mid-tier .22 semi's is they run a LOT better with a liberal dose of oil on the slide & rails. The aluminum frame (on a lot of them) doesn't do well with the steel slide when there's not extra lube, IMO. Extra, good quality lube goes a long way in overcoming cycling issues, IMO. 

That is true, just as a good 1911 may need lubrication from light to dripping to operate well; some need to find the right "spot" for it.

But no amount of lube will correct a poorly manufactured firearm. Some Mosquitos were crap. Some were good. The good ones I understand were much later in the manufacture. Also, I understand that more than one source was used in that pistol's run.  I'm sure that will account for both our experiences with them.