APSU student indicted for selling firearms to NYPD undercover officer

bobsguns

Story

Bronx District Attorney Darcel D. Clark said Shakor Rodriguez, 23, originally from the Bronx, NY, who was attending Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN, has been indicted on hundreds of counts of Criminal Sale of a Firearm, Criminal Possession of a Firearm and related charges for trafficking 73 weapons and high-capacity magazines to the Bronx and Manhattan, where they were sold to an undercover NYPD officer.

According to the investigation, dubbed “Operation Overnight Express” and took place between July 2020 and Dec. 2021 in New York, Rodriguez sold an undercover officer 73 firearms, of which 59 were loaded, as well as over 40 high-capacity magazines including multiple “drum” magazines.

The undercover paid typically between $1,000 and $1,500 per gun, authorities said.

A whole lot of stupidity in that story. Not sure why he would sell the guns loaded? Sounds like he learned gun handling via watching rap videos?

From the Bronx to Austin Peay. No doubt an attempt to lift an urban yout out of poverty & make him a productive citizen. Another liberal program that not only backfired, but endangered the lives of no telling how many NY citizens by bring this jerk in.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
3 minutes ago, Omega said:

My question are; where did he get the guns?  Are they stolen?  I wonder if this is connected to the FTCKY guys that got popped for the same thing?

The Fort Campbell guys were selling in Chicago if I recall. They were spreading their purchases around a fairly broad area in central Kentucky. I bet this guy did the same, picked them up around middle TN or KY shops or maybe a few gun shows. 

Just another reason I rarely if ever sell a gun to anyone.

Well, he had to have been here long enough to establish TN residency, unless he was buying from unscrupulous gun show dealers and private residents who did not look at a license.  Even if he did have a TN license, he surely wasn’t buying from FFLs. Or maybe he was, and 73 gun purchases in a year raised an eyebrow or two. 

73 guns at $1,000 - $1,500 each is $73,000 - $109,500, along with the unknown hours of each investigator involved , couldn’t they just have popped this guy after a few sales rather than dragging it out for a year and a half and ridiculous amounts of money spent?

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Garufa said:

73 guns at $1,000 - $1,500 each is $73,000 - $109,500.  Along with the unknown hours of each investigator involved , couldn’t they just have popped this guy after a few sales rather than dragging it out for a year and a half and ridiculous amounts of money spent?

Thats almost exactly 1 a week consistently. Something tells me he wasn't trolling shows hoping for an illegal purchase but likely had a supplier . Judging from the footage he may have been taking requests lol.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

73 guns at $1,000 - $1,500 each is $73,000 - $109,500, along with the unknown hours of each investigator involved , couldn’t they just have popped this guy after a few sales rather than dragging it out for a year and a half and ridiculous amounts of money spent?

Could be they were tracking them? I'm just guessing here. There's no doubt the dumbest people on gun crime will be NYC DA's, IMO. 

37 minutes ago, bobsguns said:

I would bet he raised eye brows on a multiple purchase form. Or three................

Maybe he had an FFL like mine. He has had to go onto a 3rd form in one transaction for me. 

Those guns are all over the place though. AK pistol, AR pistol, what looks like a single action revolver, other revolvers, Scyy (maybe) semis.. and I think a 1911. 

Depending on how thos plays out, I could see it somewhat looking like entrapment if the sting was not very careful. I mean one guy buying 73 guns from him?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

Thats almost exactly 1 a week consistently. Something tells me he wasn't trolling shows hoping for an illegal purchase but likely had a supplier . Judging from the footage he may have been taking requests lol.

Video is gone from this link evidently. I'd like to see it, so I'll go to Ch 4 and try to find it.

8 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

Depending on how thos plays out, I could see it somewhat looking like entrapment if the sting was not very careful. I mean one guy buying 73 guns from him?

You seem to forget, this IS NYC we're talking about here. Logic, reason & common sense fly out the window when it comes to firearms there. 

Hard to see from here how entrapment can be considered at all, IMO. Transporting guns (what, 1000 miles?) to a city/county/state known to be strongly anti-gun? A city/county/state he grew up in? Were someone to offer you $1K to mule some cocaine, do you have to ponder if it's legal or not? Nah, they have this idiot dead to rights, IMO. 

Maybe he can use Alec Baldwin's lawyer?   😝