Who needs some sticker shock?

bobsguns

By now everyone is pondering their income tax refund(s), where to apply it in order to help fuel the inflation? LOL!

Unlike many other gun owners (I'm sure), *I* dream of things that I would get were I to hit some sort of lottery win. So I nose around GB a bit, looking at "nice things" that would be fun to have at home. Not really shopping full auto, sadly, just nice things.

Here are a few I've found that gave me some serious pause for reflection.

How much fun would this be? Full auto, .300 Black Out. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/919526666

$1100 for a bolt carrier???????? And not even all-OEM????     https://www.gunbroker.com/item/914968711 

$689 for an EMPTY H&K soft pistol case????? Seriously????  No gun, no mags, nothing but an empty soft case.   https://www.gunbroker.com/item/917173187 

$4200 for an UPPER! Not a complete rifle, a simple UPPER!!!!!   https://www.gunbroker.com/item/922426003 

All my friends know I've been drinking the H&K kool-aid for a long, long time. I believe they're the best built, best shooting & most accurate guns one can buy, end of story. Not necessarily the best value for the $$$, but certainly the best in their categories. But holy crap on a stick, these prices for these items are nothing short of insane, IMO. 

Spend your refunds wisely, gents!   😝

2 hours ago, gary_boom said:

It’s not 1984 any more.

Thats what my wife tells me when I say something about the price of something.

Yes, BUT! One can compare the H&K prices with less-premium brands & see how huge that price difference is, IMO. A BCG doesn't add a whole lot to accuracy, IMO. 

1 hour ago, peejman said:

I walked into taco bell for the first time in ages. A single crunchy taco is $2.69.  😲  They were $0.49 when I was in college. 

Lol, basic crunchy tacos are $1.49 which is still too damn high for what they are.

5 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Particularly after Yum Foods bought them. Their crap went way downhill after that.

About the best item for me from Taco Gutexpander is the chicken soft taco. Also 1.49 I think. My wife usually brings them in for me.

I get sticker shock every day I wake up! Eating, insurances,just trying to live from day to day cost a hell of a lot more than you make!I got my house insurance premium for this year and it’s going from $1600 to $1732 a year.This Country is going to $hit fast, I hate to see it in 3 more years if we’re around. Really feel sorry for my Kids and Grandkids!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, peejman said:

I walked into taco bell for the first time in ages. A single crunchy taco is $2.69.  😲  They were $0.49 when I was in college. 

2 hours ago, E4 No More said:

And gas was $0.25 per gallon!

Yep, back then you can get both a taco AND gas for $0.49.  Not quite as much gas gotten from a $0.15 Krystal, but close!