Man arrested for cursing on his own property

bobsguns

Story on video

Background: one guy (who is a jackass, make no mistake) gets animal control called on him by his next door neighbor. Guy's dogs are fenced but I guess they get out once in a while, as many doggies are prone to do.聽

Animal control comes, looks things over & leaves with no citations given. (Not sure if they made more than one visit or not?)

Neighbor who called is NOT satisfied, she then calls the po-po. Officers (plural) show up & at this point one could make the argument that was when jackasses collide.

Dog owner gets arrested for cursing on his own property, cuffed & tased for fun as well. The irony is, as he was getting arrested for cursing, one of the cops is clearly heard on video as saying, "I don't give a ####!"聽 聽馃槤

(USSC has ruled cursing IS protected by the 1st Amendment as long as it's not an insult directed specifically at someone or words to that effect.)

Charges were dropped, cursing dog owner goes free. Lawsuit has been filed for false arrest, the tasering, etc. Dog owner's wife says he is bi-polar, which adds to the fun.

Not sure who to root for here......................... I think I'll root for the doggies?

聽 聽Cabin Fever Reaction GIF

• Like 1

I know there ae a lot of good cops but I also know there are many that should not be cops at all.聽 My FB feed has these videos of people that call themselves 1st Amendment auditors.聽 They have cameras and go around seeing what reaction they get from public officials.聽 Many times the police are called because someone working in the post office does not like to be videoed.聽 Almost every time LO comes and demand ID.聽 They are told by the auditors that it is not a stop and ID state but the cops generally lie or do not know and claim that they must ID.聽 Most of the time the cops are wrong.聽 Sometimes the auditors detained or even arrested.聽 What it shows is the cops are really head strong and arrogant.聽 Many times the cops admit they the auditors are not breaking the law they just do not like what they are doing.聽 Many place have been forced to pay fines because these cops illegally detain or arrest people.聽 Some of these cops are experienced and should know better but they let their ego get in the way.聽聽

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 45guy said:

Many place have been forced to pay fines because these cops illegally detain or arrest people.聽 Some of these cops are experienced and should know better but they let their ego get in the way.聽聽

A lot of times those so-called "auditors" are horse's asses, IMO. They'd be better served auditing school board meetings instead, IMO.

I do recall the TN State Trooper who trashed his entire career & got fired back during the Occupy Wall Street bull####. He was at the Capital, standing post & literally stomped up to the guy filming. Got right in his face DI style (I was a Marine) & began screaming at him. Not a good PR look, IMO. Got fired over it PDQ, IIRC?

Cops don't have it easy, let's be clear on that. Black people in the projects hate them because the only time they see cops is when they're hauling off a family member to jail. Kids in the projects are taught to hate cops & it just keeps rolling from there, sadly.

Too often cops are their own worst enemies, enabled by their brothern who don't say anything about their bad behavior. Too often some shouldn't be cops but they're not qualified to be a garbageman or dishwasher due to a lack of skills. Those are the ones who seem to make the news too often.

Nor is it limited to the TN or Nashville area. Years ago a Smyrna cop got fired for pulling a black female through the open window of her car because she refused to sign her traffic ticket. Seriously? He got fired too, rightfully so.

There's a sheriff in Grundy Co who has been arrested & charged with beating handcuffed prisoners. Brave man there.聽聽馃が聽 Story below.

The 2019 indictment charged former Deputy Chief Tony Bean and Deputy T.J. Bean with one count of deprivation of rights under color of law in violation of 18 U.S.C. 242, for an incident involving an arrestee identified by the initials F.M.. The indictment alleges that the defendants, while serving with the Grundy County Sheriff鈥檚 Office, used unreasonable force when they assaulted and injured arrestee F.M. in December 2017.

Bean was also indicted with one count of deprivation of rights under color of law in violation of 18 U.S.C. 242 for an incident involving arrestee C.G. The indictment alleges that, while serving as Chief of Police with the Tracy City Police Department, Tony Bean used unreasonable force when he assaulted and injured arrestee C.G. in August 2014.

In 2020 federal prosecutors said the former deputies bragged about beating people who were in handcuffs, and said that this was the "Grundy County Way."

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

A good neighbor is a blessing. A bad one is a curse.

Truer words never spoken. Good fences make good neighbors too.

I've been VERY lucky in my life as all my neighbors were neutral at worst, some were excellent. None were jackasses, thank goodness.聽

This guy's wife says he's bi-polar, which explains a lot, IMO.聽聽

I think I still will root for the doggies over the guy & the cops.聽 聽馃槈

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bobsguns said:

A lot of times those so-called "auditors" are horse's asses, IMO. They'd be better served auditing school board meetings instead, IMO.

I do recall the TN State Trooper who trashed his entire career & got fired back during the Occupy Wall Street bull####. He was at the Capital, standing post & literally stomped up to the guy filming. Got right in his face DI style (I was a Marine) & began screaming at him. Not a good PR look, IMO. Got fired over it PDQ, IIRC?

Cops don't have it easy, let's be clear on that. Black people in the projects hate them because the only time they see cops is when they're hauling off a family member to jail. Kids in the projects are taught to hate cops & it just keeps rolling from there, sadly.

Too often cops are their own worst enemies, enabled by their brothern who don't say anything about their bad behavior. Too often some shouldn't be cops but they're not qualified to be a garbageman or dishwasher due to a lack of skills. Those are the ones who seem to make the news too often.

Nor is it limited to the TN or Nashville area. Years ago a Smyrna cop got fired for pulling a black female through the open window of her car because she refused to sign her traffic ticket. Seriously? He got fired too, rightfully so.

There's a sheriff in Grundy Co who has been arrested & charged with beating handcuffed prisoners. Brave man there.聽聽馃が聽 Story below.

I agree many of the auditors are jerks, my question why do so many of the cops play along.聽 Enforce the law, that's it. Demanding this or demanding that may work with most people that do not know their rights but hoping that the people your dealing with do not know the law is not good policing.聽 Here is one I see all the time. Cop pulls someone over for a traffic violation.聽 Demands ID from everyone in the聽car.聽 They refuse to do so and the cop in one case arrested the passenger for failure to ID.聽 Case was later dropped.聽 Lawsuit ensued.聽 I think there should be limits to the cops qualified immunity. Also cops should not be allowed to lie and tell people something is a law that is not.聽

• Like 2