Info needed on AK47

Beltfed

Most AK's (excluding the purely US made with US parts that out there now) are made from foriegn parts kits and assembled into US made recievers with some 922r US parts added. Post up pics of all markings, especially the left side of the trunnion. Remove the hand guards and look for a stack of numbers or any other markings on the barrel. Show the numbers stamped into individal parts, especially if they match the trunnion (usually the last four numbers) picture of the breach and nuzzle end of the barrel to tell if chrome lined. Then a couple of pictures overall of the AK. This will help in determining origin. 

• Like 1

Armory USA (previously known as Arsenal USA - not related to Arsenal Inc. in Las Vegas) in Houston made good, functional AK receivers and was part/related to Global Trades Co. that, in the early/mid 2000's, imported huge quantities of AK parts/complete kits mainly from Poland and Bulgaria. Global Trades/Arsenal USA/Armory USA made complete rifles with their receivers and also sold bare receivers.

It looks like ‘SIA Gardnrvl’ may be Special Interest Arms of Gardnerville, NV. I didn't find much info on them in a quick internet search.

I would guess that Special Interest Arms built your rifle on an Armory USA receiver, based on the info you provided. Without more info/photos can't guess where the rest of the parts came from.

19 hours ago, Beltfed said:

As soon as I figure out how to take this thing apart, I will provide pics.  Thanks for above information.  BTW, I also picked up a Chinese SKS with the mod for a detachable mag.

You are speaking my language here. There was a factory version done in China that took AK mags. Worth usually a bit more than standard chinese SKS's and work rather well. Sounds like you are headed down the 7.62x39 rabbit hole here. Not a bad place to be except for the recent uptick in ammo prices.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2022 at 4:10 PM, Beltfed said:

I just acquired a AK47 under folder.  The receiver is marked ‘Armory USA’ on bottom, ‘SIA Gardnrvl’ on left side of receiver, and ‘MOD AUSA’, serial number 1913 on right side.  Anyone got a clue to what I have?  Thanks.

I have a SIA DeLisle pending NFA jail and I would love to have one of their AKs