Another Covid Death...no politics...

8 hours ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

Just sharing that one of my local car tuners at the ripe old age of 35 just passed away after a 20 day battle with Covid.  No underlying conditions...about 40lbs overweight...not vaccinated.  Leaves behind his 7yr old daughter and wife.  Be safe out there; life comes at you fast.

Sorry to hear that, my condolences, a terrible loss for a young family.

2 hours ago, bobsguns said:

Obesity seems to be a common link in a lot of the covid deaths.

It sure don’t help but I did have one of my very anti vax customers in his 20s whose easy 100lbs overweight get it with no real issues while his wife whose in good shape suffered for about 10 days (she’s fine now).  I was really worried for them since they have 3 kids but luckily their outcome was better. 

• Like 1

I honestly believe Covid affects each person different. I know 2 former college athletes still in great shape.25 and 55 yrs old it about killed them.A friend who was 55 in good shape,3 weeks in the ICU before he died.Then there are numerous overweight people I know who have several health conditions who got it and showed minimal to no symptoms.

• Like 5

I lost a partner in great health a few weeks ago just just sold her business and cash out to die a few weeks later. She was not in bad health  I personal believe covid don't care if your old young rich or poor white or black you get the same chance as the next guy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Again, I offer my prayers for healing for you friend's family; and the loss of your friend.

Until we lost Steelharp, I just didn't really give much credence to the Chinese/Fauci concoction. But since then, I've been touched by loss on all sides. Family, friends, and just people I had contact with over my lifetime.

There is just no real understanding of the foul infection and who will survive a bout with it.

By all rights, from the things we have been told and seen...I should not be here. From my age, my compromised immune system and general health history, and being considerably overweight...I am a ticking timebomb waiting to explode.

After all the things I've commented upon, I have now come to believe that I did have a case of Covid at an early time, as well as a session for both my wife and myself with Omicron recently.

All I can understand is that I have something left to do on this earth. Just doesn't seem right that so many good people with lives well lived, and family around them dependent on them should be gone and me still here.

Again magic, my condolences for your loss, and my prayers for us all.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Sorry for your loss and all who have suffered with this. Covid is an evil that didn't have to happen.

Except for the majority of Kids it seems, Covid is nothing to take lightly if you have some obvious underlying conditions and catch it. Even if you think your'e pretty healthy unless you've had a whole body screening/ serious physical, then how do you really know how healthy you are?

As a Country we are unhealthy, obese and poisoned by much of what we eat and drink,  even if you are not a smoker, drug and alcohol abuser and exercise etc., your body is absorbing bad stuff daily. None of us can avoid it all.

People have diseases for years before the symptoms get bad enough to get checked out. That's why it's so shocking when a person in the prime of their lives die with this unexpectently. Do they check them after death to see if they had hidden lung damage or something else? If so I'm not reading about it.

I'm 58 soon in average good healh, rarely go to the doctor unless I'm injured and have no Idea if I got early diabetes, hepatitis, colon cancer etc., etc....

I'm sure my lungs are not pristine being a welder/fabricator for many years. I even had a gig as an asbestos remover for a few weeks!

Avoiding Doctors is a gamble I choose to take for now incuding avoiding vaccines. Even before Covid I was weird like this. As I age I might change my mind on Flu shots as I've caught what I think was flu that two years in a row now.

We thought the Vaccines were the answer to this Covid and maybe they are helping but it sure doesn't seem to stop the spread much.

They Keep telling us "if he didn't get Vaccinated it would have been much worse", when anyone that's been vaxed gets covid.  I don't know how to prove that but except for most kids, I don't try and tell other people not to take them if they believe it helps. I even suggested to my aged Mom to take the vaccine when she asked my opinion. Is it protecting her? I really don't know.

• Like 3

We had the first death in our family this weekend. My wife's elderly aunt passed after contracting COVID and being the the ICU for several days. She had was extremely immunocompromised after fighting multiple bouts of cancer and chemo but she was also unvaccinated. She did not stand much of a chance once it hit her. I honestly do not know if the vaccine would have reduced her symptoms enough to have mattered. I guess if there is any consolation she went quicker than most who succumb to COVID  and the worst of it was while she was in a medically induced coma so she likely was in less pain that she was in all those years fighting cancer. 

• Sad 2

I have been in medicine 50 yrs.  I am pro choice, but support the vaccine.  Robert Malone, the father of mRNA vaccines summed it up best.  We don’t know all we need to know about the vaccine to use it in children.  Consult your family physician and make your best informed decision.  I personally decided to take my chances with the vaccine vs. the Covid.  It is a non-discriminatory disease that if survived can have life-long life-changing ramifications.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 2/4/2022 at 12:33 AM, et45 said:

I honestly believe Covid affects each person different. I know 2 former college athletes still in great shape.25 and 55 yrs old it about killed them.A friend who was 55 in good shape,3 weeks in the ICU before he died.Then there are numerous overweight people I know who have several health conditions who got it and showed minimal to no symptoms.

I agree, I am 52 6' 190# in great shape, eat well, never get sick, sleep well etc etc. I got covid a month ago and it hit me like a mac truck for 3 days in particular, and about 7 where I couldn't do squat, and really another 7 after that before I felt somewhat "normal" again.

For me the worst part was the 3 days of a temp over 102, that SUCKED!

BTW R.I.P JT