Needing a push at 3:00 am.

Tuffus

A man and his wife are awakened at 3:00 a.m. by a loud pounding on the door. The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push.
“Not a chance,” says the husband, “it is 3:00 in the morning!” He slams the door and returns to bed.
“Who was that?” asked his wife.
“Just some drunk guy asking for a push,” he answers.
“Did you help him?” she asks.
“No, I did not, it’s 3 a.m. in the morning and it’s pouring out there!”
“Well, you have a short memory,” says his wife. “Can’t you remember about three months ago when we broke down, and those two guys helped us? I think you should help him.”
The man does as he is told, gets dressed, and goes out into the pounding rain. He calls out into the dark, “Hello, are you still there?”
“Yes,” comes back the answer.
“Do you still need a push?” calls out the husband.
“Yes, please!” comes the reply from the dark.
“Where are you?” asks the husband.
“Over here on the swing,” replies the drunk.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

Reminds me of a time in college when a buddy and I, after a few too many cold ones (and maybe some Jack) got my cruiser stuck down near the pearl river at about 1am. This was back in like 1993 so no cell phones. We had to hike to a pay phone where I called my GF (now wife). She called her dad, who lived near by and he shows up with two big come-alongs and about 30’ of chain. He dropped it off and said good luck. We had to hike back in, and manually pull the truck out.  I don’t think he was too happy to bring us the equipment or have to deal with two muddy, drunk college students. 

We did try to start an old D7 that was near by before we hiked all the way out. In retrospect, I’m glad that did not work. I don’t think anything good would have resulted from us trying to drive a D7 dozer into the woods. 

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 1