Motorcyclists, Check In Here!

JohnC

So I'll be down for some group rides when the weather get's nicer.

Bought a 2022 Harley Davidson Fatboy in 2 tone Midnight Crimson and Vivid Black last month.

Vance & Hines Eliminator 300 exhaust will be here tomorrow! Maybe it'll sound like a Harley then instead a Honda. LOL

I already had the CBR1000RR you see in the back.

Mods on that are full titanium Akrapovic header and GP muffler, de-restricted tune by KCS, ram air restrictions removed and Yoshimura fender eliminator.

Eventually I'll do the S&S cam Chest kit and might do a full exhaust so the Harley will sound more like this:

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

Nice, we did a couple of TGO groups rides in the past.  I would certainly be open to it when the weather warms up a bit.

spacer.png

Nice bike! My next will probably be a sport touring since I was originally a dirt rider and they're plenty capable of off roading. 

These are on my list to research...

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/adventure-touring.html

https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/models/adventure/r1250gsadventure.html

https://powersports.honda.com/street/adventure/africa-twin

I looked at the 850GS and the Africa Twin before deciding to buy the Tiger 900.  Mainly came down to weight.  I wanted something I could take on light offroad and if needed lift myself.   The other two are noticeable heavier.  I didn't ride the Pan America, but it does have good reviews for the most part.  I probably still wouldn't have went with it due to weight.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I wouldn’t mind riding, but I expect I’m a pretty long ride just to get to where you guys are. 

Yeah, that's the problem.  I think for you and I it would be something like meeting in the Lebanon area and go from there.

Or a couple of groups from different areas that meet in the middle for lunch.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, peejman said:

But I succumbed to the dirty side and find that quite enjoyable on the rare occasions I actually get to play in the dirt. 

Is there a good forum for learning more about these types of bikes? I know I see some street legal bikes that look more like dirt bikes which I'm interested in. Not sure where to look. 

6 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Is there a good forum for learning more about these types of bikes? I know I see some street legal bikes that look more like dirt bikes which I'm interested in. Not sure where to look. 

Advrider.com  Hang onto your hat.... 

It's a huuuge forum,  this will get you a little closer to home.....  

https://www.advrider.com/f/forums/southeast-the-lair-of-the-dragon-the-blue-ridge.63/

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Adventure Rider as peejman mentioned is pretty well the go to for a lot of this.  What you are referring to is categorized as a dual sport bike.  Basically a dirt bike with headlight, mirrors, and turn signals to make it legal.  

What I would really like to do is what they call a BDR ride which is a Backcountry Discovery Route.  https://ridebdr.com/.  Some are more technical than others, but I think it would be a lot of fun with the right group.  It's one reason I bought the bike I did.  Comfortable enough for a long ride, light enough for decent off road use.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would be up for a ride, if I ever got the time to do so. When the weather is nice my weekends are usually sucked up by yard work and Honey Do List items. I currently have an 01 Springer Softail and an 06 Road Glide. Over the holidays a buddy I served and deployed with came by and took my 73 Ironhead Sportster home with him.

Edited by buck1032
spelling
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Jackalope said:

I have a 2006 Yamaha XT225, and a 2006 Ural. 

I've always been interested in the Urals. Which model do you own?  I've got five bikes in the garage, from a Ducati Superbike 1098S to a Gas Gas Trials 300. But I might be able to find room for a Ural. Harder to hide from the wife than a new pistol, though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Are most dual sport bikes 2 stroke?

There are no dual-sport 2-stokes anymore, unless you find an OLD one on the used market. There are only a couple of two-stroke dirt-only bikes. But I still have a two-stroke street bike, an 89 Yamaha RD-350, and it's a BLAST in the twisties!

Edited by Darrell
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Are most dual sport bikes 2 stroke?

How would this one rank?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5243981408969842/

Screenshot_20220210-062835.png

Good bikes and very upgradeable. Lots of aftermarket. 

9 hours ago, Jackalope said:

I've got a couple of bikes that haven't been ridden for a while.  I'm partial to dual sport bikes.  I have a 2006 Yamaha XT225, and a 2006 Ural.   I really enjoy off-road rides.

Another XT225, sweet!  Mine's an '07.

18 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Much like a fish and ski boat, I never found a do it all motorcycle that did anything well. Your mileage may vary, Erik.

Everyone needs at least 6 motorcycles... 

A trials bike, MX bike, street legal woods bike, sporty street bike, touring bike, and a track bike. 

• Like 4