Motorcyclists, Check In Here!

JohnC

4 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Will the sanctions affect parts availability in the future for that Ural? Is there a dealer locally?

Ural corporate has been sending out newsletters indicating they plan on continuing operations, but who knows?  My carburetated model was in more or less continuous production from the end of WW II until 2014, so there should be plenty of parts floating around out there (the newer models are fuel injected).  I've found needed parts on ebay, and there are a couple of forums dedicated to Ural, and several vendors, so I don't see parts availability as an issue.

Nashville Motorcycle Repair is the dealer in TN.  They apparently have a number of bikes in stock.

Urals aren't for everyone, as the older ones require frequent maintenance.  The newer models are more reliable.  They are a lot of fun to ride, but there is a learning curve going from a two wheeled bike to a bike with a sidecar, versus a trike.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, gregintenn said:

If you didn’t ride today, you’re simply not a rider.😁

It was beautiful outside…finally.

Would have been nice to ride but I was knee deep in a hole with shovel and an axe chopping roots and planting trees. Well after mowing the yard and tilling a new bed that is. To much rain this month to not spend a nice day working outside. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I have two friends taking the same beginner motorcycle class I took this weekend. They picked a great day for it. Tomorrow isn't looking good though. 

Still no motorcycle for me but I did make it out on the lake all day so I can't complain. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I have two friends taking the same beginner motorcycle class I took this weekend. They picked a great day for it. Tomorrow isn't looking good though. 

Still no motorcycle for me but I did make it out on the lake all day so I can't complain. 

Nice day for sure, sir!

Hopefully your bike will come along shortly. Not exactly what you wanted, but my kid is about to sell a Suzuki S40 Boulevard with 4k miles. A spectacular beginner street bike that I still enjoy riding. A 650cc 1 cylinder engine is certainly unique.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I took a short ride yesterday after playing racquetball. I rarely ride with anyone else, but one of my racquetball buddies wanted to take a ride, so we did. There was more traffic than I expected, but we were still able to get in some spirited riding through the twisties. Good times

• Like 1

Rode down to Townsend on Sunday for breakfast, ate, rode to Wears Valley then looped back on Foothills. Stopped at new distillery in Townsend, Company Distilling, did a little tasting, talked with the master distiller ( formally master distiller of Jack Daniels) brought a bottle home for further evaluation!!

Good Stuff 👍

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, aknifemaker said:

Rode down to Townsend on Sunday for breakfast, ate, rode to Wears Valley then looped back on Foothills. Stopped at new distillery in Townsend, Company Distilling, did a little tasting, talked with the master distiller ( formally master distiller of Jack Daniels) brought a bottle home for further evaluation!!

Good Stuff 👍

I passed by that new distillery taking my younger boy to ride Go-Karts last week. What do they make?

With 4.2 gallons under the seat n 76 mpg, this scooter is my go to for town errands most of the time these days. My trail cam caught us getting an early ride before the leaves popped up here on the Plateau. I got rid of the grass in front of the house last year with a patio and wall. Hopfully, I'll get the screen room extension put up where the ladder is. Dang county raised my assessment by 200K this year!  

WS9qnbth.jpg

• Like 1