Motorcyclists, Check In Here!

JohnC

6 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

It has arrived! Took it for a quick spin earlier. It's a blast. Surprising amount of torque and I haven't "unlocked" full power yet. I'll do that tomorrow. 

IMG_20220919_172953161_HDR.jpg

Maybe wait a little longer on that full power mode…I don’t know how much power it has but it looks light and I’d imagine that torque can get away from you quickly. 

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

I wonder if one could get away with riding this thing on the trails at Shelby Farms...

Judging from what I've seen and read online, you can get away with a lot. I passed a few cars in my neighborhood and didn't get a 2nd glance. Most people are going to assume I'm on a small motorcycle or a bike of some kind. A few people in other states said they got stopped by cops who only wanted to know where they could buy one. They are starting to crack down in California though. Go figure. 

• Like 1

I've been wearing this thing out riding around West Knoxville. I had a guy stop me and ask all kinds of questions. He wants to sell his two stroke dirt bike and buy one. 

I will say, with no experience riding off road these trails kicked my butt. Guys make it look easy online. 

Aside from that guy, most people don't may any attention to me. I'm very cautious around other vehicles. 

IMG_20220921_134942750_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220920_180933356_HDR.jpg

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

What kind of range are you getting?

I'm not sure yet but it seems pretty good. They advertise it as 60 miles but I'm sure that's on ECO mode, and mostly flat. My neighborhood has massive hills. I've been reading about lithium ion batteries and how to prolong the life. One guy said they want to live their life around 50%. I haven't charged it past 80% and will try to keep it between 30-80%.

Today I rode for an hour and it went from 80-62%.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

I've been wearing this thing out riding around West Knoxville. I had a guy stop me and ask all kinds of questions. He wants to sell his two stroke dirt bike and buy one. 

I will say, with no experience riding off road these trails kicked my butt. Guys make it look easy online. 

Aside from that guy, most people don't may any attention to me. I'm very cautious around other vehicles. 

IMG_20220921_134942750_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220920_180933356_HDR.jpg

Riding a dirt bike off-road requires an athlete. Several years ago, I decided to buy a dirt bike to ride with buddies. Well, we went out riding through the woods just like we did 30 years ago. It went well for a while. Later, while I was flying over the handlebars and through the woods like Superman, I decided I might be a bit old for this chit now. Loaded the bike up, went home and dressed my wounds, and sold the bike. I’ll stick to paved roads or four shells from now on out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Before I moved here three years ago, I lived in WA. I shared a property line with the Simpson Timber company, and there were thousands and thousands of wooded acres I could access just by riding through my gate. There were some pretty good logging roads out there for transiting from one section to another, and lots of old, almost gone logging and skidder roads. I had a Kawasaki KDX-220 two-stroke that was perfect for me out there. Light enough to toss around, powerful enough to haul my big butt up the hills, and still pretty quick. 

Most times I'd set out to "trail ride", since my beard has been white for quite some time, but usually within ten minutes or so I'd be sliding both wheels through the turns. I almost always rode by myself, which could have been a problem if I'd crashed hard, but I managed to survive it.

Now I stick with riding a trials bike on my property, or one of my street bikes on the pavement. I DO miss those woods, though.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Now that’s just cool! You had it down yet?

You mean laid it down? I gassed it so hard on grass that it went straight up and threw me off the back. I'm hurting in three places but I'll survive. My wife saw the grass stain on my pants and asked if I wrecked the bike. Naturally, I lied. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

You mean laid it down? I gassed it so hard on grass that it went straight up and threw me off the back. I'm hurting in three places but I'll survive. My wife saw the grass stain on my pants and asked if I wrecked the bike. Naturally, I lied. 

Welcome to the club, sir!😎

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got back in from a ride. It looks like it might be the last for a few days. Turns out 50 degrees and moonlight make for perfect riding conditions if you’re wearing leather.

I’ve outgrown a lot, but riding bikes is a fire that so far hasn’t dimmed at all. 

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

Just got back in from a ride. It looks like it might be the last for a few days. Turns out 50 degrees and moonlight make for perfect riding conditions if you’re wearing leather.

I’ve outgrown a lot, but riding bikes is a fire that so far hasn’t dimmed at all. 

We've had an incredible fall but I fear today might have been the last of it. Thankful for how long it lasted though. I've barely run my heat or air since late September. 

• Like 1