Shaffer Farm Custom Meat in Summertown

tercel89

• Administrator
1 hour ago, tercel89 said:

Supposedly this meat shop serves lunch and dinner and has good BBQ. Has anyone been there and ate there ? How was it ? Thanks for any replies .

My brother in law actually went very recently and was so impressed by it that he made it a point to tell me about them.  He's a foodie so... that was high praise.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, TGO David said:

My brother in law actually went very recently and was so impressed by it that he made it a point to tell me about them.  He's a foodie so... that was high praise.

That's great. I got a date with my wife soon with no kids and we love trying new places. I think this will be it. 

• Like 1

Can't go wrong with Shaffer's.  Just ask Grand Torino.  Be sure to take a LARGE cooler and plenty of money.  After you're stuffed with brisket the next problem is the butcher side and choosing from the many good looking cuts of meat.

I'm a regular there as it's only a couple of miles from home.  If you can, show up on Saturday for an early lunch as Saturdays are the only day they have peach cobbler.  I suggested "early" as they often sell out of peach cobbler. For a first visit, I'd suggest anything (sandwich or plate) with sliced brisket.  When looking the menu, if you want to carry (just) leftovers home, the 2 or 3 meat plates are a good option.  Also be sure to try the southwest potatoes.

As an aside, Frank not only owns Shaffer's Meats, but also the local gun range Eagle Eye.

• Like 5

Well my wife and me ate there today. It was worth the long drive. Wife got the pork and brisket combo with 2 sides. I got the brisket and 2 sides . Both came with that awesome cornbread that has cracklins in it. And 2 drinks . It was $37 after tax for us both. Not bad and we had almost a pound of meat leftover. Thank God it was cold today cause I was able to put the to go box in the back of my truck. Kept the meat cool till we made it home.  I was very pleased 😀.  Plus we saw this old bull dog there . I'm guessing it was the owners dog. He was as fat as a whiskey barrel with peg legs. 

20220212_143214.jpg

Screenshot_20220212-133949_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

How do you do this? We try and go out once a year. It didn't happen last year.  LOL

Our 14 year old daughter is a rare breed. She prefers to be around her mom and me all the time. She wants to be with us 24/7. Unlike every other teenager.. So we had to get very firm with her. Man that food was GREAT 👍