Beware of sensitive deliveries via FedEx...

So I had to return a Glock 30S back to the factory to have it looked at. Glock arranged for FedEx to ship the gun to and from their factory. I was notified a few days ago that it was on its way back and gave me a tracking number. The tracking info stated that the gun would arrive to me today and an adult would need to sign for the delivery. The only problem was me and the wife were at work so no one would be home to sign for it. I figured if no one was at home when they came, they would reschedule the delivery. Well...when I got home from work today, I noticed a package on my front porch. It was my gun. The tracking info said it was signed for by by my wife but she was at work. I dunno if FedEx was aware of what was in the package but you'd think they would have rescheduled. I don't know if something like this has happened to anyone on here but, it's scary to think that they left a gun on the front porch where it could've been stolen, possibly used in a crime,etc. I think it was very irresponsible.

14 minutes ago, lock n' load said:

So I had to return a Glock 30S back to the factory to have it looked at. Glock arranged for FedEx to ship the gun to and from their factory. I was notified a few days ago that it was on its way back and gave me a tracking number. The tracking info stated that the gun would arrive to me today and an adult would need to sign for the delivery. The only problem was me and the wife were at work so no one would be home to sign for it. I figured if no one was at home when they came, they would reschedule the delivery. Well...when I got home from work today, I noticed a package on my front porch. It was my gun. The tracking info said it was signed for by by my wife but she was at work. I dunno if FedEx was aware of what was in the package but you'd think they would have rescheduled. I don't know if something like this has happened to anyone on here but, it's scary to think that they left a gun on the front porch where it could've been stolen, possibly used in a crime,etc. I think it was very irresponsible.

I've heard this has happened quite a bit with FedEx since March 2020. Id do what Dennis suggested if I knew I had a firearm coming my way via FedEx 

A buddy of mine had a couple of thermal scopes put on his front porch in a neighborhood. It had happened before with this company, but this time they had stopped putting them in brown boxes. The boxes had the logo and exactly what it was on the outside. Nothing like seeing $14k in merchandise just sitting out there. 

• Wow 4
16 minutes ago, DennisG said:

For future reference, with both Fedex and UPS you can sign up on their websites and ask them to hold a given package at their warehouses where you can go pick it up. 

You can have them hold it at one of their specific drop off locations as well.    I recently had Fedex hold my package at the Walgreens near my house.   

• Like 1

I didn't sign up with their website so maybe that was why I couldn't do much. The package had arrived in Chattanooga on Friday. I had hoped i could just arrange to pick it up on Saturday at the distribution hub where I had shipped it from. I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone there so I gave up. The tracking page had a "manage delivery" button I clicked on but I got the message "Due to shipper restrictions, additional delivery options are not available for this shipment. For more info, please contact the shipper." I dunno if that would include holding the package at a pickup point or not since it didn't list any options for pickup. I did let Glock know about what happened even though I know they aren't responsible for delivery once it leaves their facility. Also the adult signature required link showed "Adult recipient unavailable (age and required identification vary by country/territory)". 

I had received some gun parts that were labeled adult sig required, I was home and happened to catch the guy as he was leaving.  I asked about the sig, and he said due to the CCP virus they could sign their little machine for us.  In my case I didn't much care, because I'm on a busy road and have cameras, but felt it wasn't right for them to just leave a package like that.

1 hour ago, Omega said:

I asked about the sig, and he said due to the CCP virus they could sign their little machine for us. 

I had the same thing happen to me last year. Heard the knock on the door and the guy was leaving as I opened it. I also asked about the signature and got the same response. Good thing I was home. 🙄

Same thing here when I had an older Glock 23 recall done at the factory. They dropped it on my front porch and it sat there all day long. Thank God no one stole it. CZ was cool and insisted that it be shipped to their FedEx office where I could sign for it and pick it up. 

I have filed 3 complaints about FedEx deliveries over a 6 months period a year or so ago and lately they have been better. You have to jump through all kinds of hoops to file a complaint and I don't know if I have just been lucky the last year or the complains helped. They left a $1500 computer about 400' from the house on the edge of the drive, Another time they left a 90# package in roughly the same place and I had to figure out how to get it the rest of the way to the house, I only knew both deliveries had been made because I was tracking the delivery and it showed up as delivered to the house. The third time the package was left by the mailbox 1200' from the house half in the road.

Have never had any problems with UPS, our regular mailman or Amazon deliveries.

I have a drive way next to my house that belongs to my neighbor behind me. My house number is 235 and next door behind me is 233 and I can't count the times I have walked out on my back deck and one of their packages was left on my deck. It got so  regular that the gentleman gave me his phone number so I could call him if I got a package. He would bring me a dozen fresh eggs as payment for putting up with his packages. I had to tell him not to bring eggs sometimes because I didn't need any.

I bought some 7.62x51 AP ammo from a guy & the delivery was expected on a Saturday. He texted me asking how I liked the ammo, but I had not seen any sign of it, despite the package showing ‘delivered’ on his end. I found the box containing my ammo in the hedges, in front of my neighbor’s house, down the block. It was almost as if the driver had tossed my 8lb package out the door of his truck as he drove by….

Almost.