Handgun refinishing?

bobsguns

Were you all going to have a handgun refinished, where would you send it? I'm thinking some sort of Np3-type of finish. Most likely the slide only as the frame is polymer. The gun may be a H&K USP that has the "rugged" look to it. LOL!

@ken_mays, please pick up the white courtesy phone.聽聽馃槑

Cummings Custom Refinishing.聽 Ship to:聽 CCR 3351 Asheville Hwy Greeneville, Tn. 37743 Tel: 423-639-8924.聽 I have had several pistols done by them, order form is on their web site, and here in Tennessee.聽 I think you can do drop off and pick up with out the hassle of FFL.聽 Their CCII, very close to NP3 if steel, and Tritamium Cere-Hide for alloy parts.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never sent anything out for refinishing personally.聽聽聽 Now that Robar is gone, a few other shops seem to be offering NP3, but use at your own risk and check reviews before doing business with anyone.

If hard chrome plating is on the table, I've heard good things about APW / Cogan and Ford's Guns, as well as Mahovsky's Metalife, but again it's just hearsay.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.聽 Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.