Bills Would Designate EHCP Holders As Law Enforcement Members

Legislation introduced in the Tennessee state legislature this month is raising alarms from the state's police union and gun control advocates who say it could turn the streets into the "old West." -- ABC News

More like the "old Southeast."

Tennessee bill would designate some gun owners as law enforcement - ABC News (go.com)

Edited by gun sane
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a hit piece, if I've ever read one.  Loved out they went out of state to get "expert" opinions from Gun Control groups, about what the law is about.  No doubt where the writer's bias is at all!

Dollars to donuts Mr.  Scottie LeMashmit never saw a Handgun Carry Bill he liked either.  Seems like most of those police union groups always oppose them, while their members embrace them.

Also loved the hyperbole about "the Old West" and "blood in the streets".  Good God, we've been hearing that same BS since before Florida revamped their Handgun Carry Laws back in the 80's.  Same old argument that has never been proven to be true!

• 4 weeks later...

That would be great, but I'm not holding my breath until it passes. 

I was in a "gun free zone" a few years ago when some crap wend down that made me really wish I had my firearm. After that I looked into becoming a Special Deputy, and the local Sheriff at the time said he would give it to me if I passed the State required training. It's several hours of training are refreshers each year. I never could find the time to do that so I never did. Only reason I wanted it was so I could carry in prohibited places.

• 1 month later...