• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, kip12 said:

Don't be shy, I can take it.

Well….since you offered… 😛

Looking back, I see you’ve had some interest, so maybe you should just press on? Heck, you know what you paid for it and what you need to get out of it, so stand firm with the price you require. It is a pretty common firearm, so there’s bound to be someone come along who has the same idea that you did when you decided to buy it and they’ll see your listing and give you a holler. You know, for me it’s more about laziness. I’ve got a pistol that I know for a fact I’ve got a buyer for if I would just reassemble and oil it! Gosh that’s so pathetic, I know, I told you I’m just a salted slug. If you can purchase a lower and assemble a firearm out of it that costs less than a new one, maybe you would have more luck that way? I see you here you’ve got perfect feedback for an extremely respectable amount of meets with other users (I certainly envy you!) and you come across as an intelligent firearm owner in your posts elsewhere so I just wanted to give you some encouragement. I think you’re just doing what most people do in this situation which is second guess yourself a bit because it hasn’t sold. Totally 100% normal if you ask me…and you kinda did…in a way, sort of? 

Heck man, I’m not sure if this helps at all…but when I detected a bit of frustration from you, well my heart just went out to you is all. I recognized a bit of my own internal monologue going on there and thought I’d sound off here simply to give you encouragement…it’s really that simple…everything else was just trying to brainstorm it with you. Best of luck, sir.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, kip12 said:

Man, what a great post. Hugely entertaining and helpful. I was mainly just messing around with my mini rant post but you seem like a good dude and I appreciate the thoughts. For now I'll keep pressing on and being patient. 

You ranted? Didn't seem like it to me. LOL.

Is the upper compatible with anything other than Gen 5 models?

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, kip12 said:

….and I appreciate the thoughts. For now I'll keep pressing on and being patient. 

You’re welcome, sir. Hope it helped, I really do. Hey Kip, do you see this feller’s post here above this one? HiPower? There’s the man you’ll want to listen to for great advice! It is because of him, and the positive, powerful influence that his encouragement has had on me, that I ever replied to you in the first place. I’m being totally honest here. Sure, it was the similarities with my own thoughts and feeling that spoke to my heart, but it was the kindness and wisdom of HiPower’s own words to me, and of course their positive effect in my own life, that was the impetus for my response to you; sometimes you simply must “pay it forward”, you catch my drift? Again, best of luck and thank you for your kind words to me (especially the part about it being entertaining…flattery shall get you everywhere with me!), everyone likes to hear when they’ve done a solid, which is quite rare for me, so, if you don’t mind I’d like to have it printed on a t-shirt to wear in front of my wife!

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, JD_Shellnut said:

You’re welcome, sir. Hope it helped, I really do. Hey Kip, do you see this feller’s post here above this one? HiPower? There’s the man you’ll want to listen to for great advice! It is because of him, and the positive, powerful influence that his encouragement has had on me, that I ever replied to you in the first place. I’m being totally honest here. Sure, it was the similarities with my own thoughts and feeling that spoke to my heart, but it was the kindness and wisdom of HiPower’s own words to me, and of course their positive effect in my own life, that was the impetus for my response to you; sometimes you simply must “pay it forward”, you catch my drift? Again, best of luck and thank you for your kind words to me (especially the part about it being entertaining…flattery shall get you everywhere with me!), everyone likes to hear when they’ve done a solid, which is quite rare for me, so, if you don’t mind I’d like to have it printed on a t-shirt to wear in front of my wife!

LIES!  LIES!! All lies. Well the references to me anyway.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ha, thanks gents. Clearly some good community going on around here. 

hipower, as far as I understand the gen 5 slides will only work with the gen 5 frames... but there may be some aftermarket frames that work or some fiddling you can do with a p80 frame that allows the gen 5 slide to fit. Others likely know much more about that than me. 

Have a great day all. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, kip12 said:

Ha, thanks gents. Clearly some good community going on around here. 

hipower, as far as I understand the gen 5 slides will only work with the gen 5 frames... but there may be some aftermarket frames that work or some fiddling you can do with a p80 frame that allows the gen 5 slide to fit. Others likely know much more about that than me. 

Have a great day all. 

Thanks for the info. I think you are right on that. I have a Gen3 frame I use with a 22 conversion kit and thought it might be nice to keep a 9 mil upper in the case with it. Sort of a range backup. lol.

Actually it would be perfect to do that. I can only carry so much in my range bag these days; and any little bit might just help.

• 2 weeks later...