Nashville Glockstore Impressions

Hey y'all,

I bought an entry level membership to Glockstore and have put in 4 sessions so far. It seems to be well worth the money if you go regularly enough otherwise it is $90 per person an hour, pretty steep. Membership has lots of perks. Discounts on products and classes and of course one on one training as often as you'd like for a year. Only 4 rooms but plenty to offer there with their cool setup. I am keeping an eye out for a group training course there as well but have yet to participate in one of their larger events. Their store front workers are pretty typical gun store guys but seem to be nice enough. They really make it up with the extremely personable range officers who are knowledgably and friendly.

Anyone else have experience there?

• Like 2
6 hours ago, molov said:

Hey y'all,

I bought an entry level membership to Glockstore and have put in 4 sessions so far. It seems to be well worth the money if you go regularly enough otherwise it is $90 per person an hour, pretty steep. Membership has lots of perks. Discounts on products and classes and of course one on one training as often as you'd like for a year. Only 4 rooms but plenty to offer there with their cool setup. I am keeping an eye out for a group training course there as well but have yet to participate in one of their larger events. Their store front workers are pretty typical gun store guys but seem to be nice enough. They really make it up with the extremely personable range officers who are knowledgably and friendly.

Anyone else have experience there?

90 bucks an hour for a lane rental??  Please tell me you are exaggerating.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, deerslayer said:

90 bucks an hour for a lane rental??  Please tell me you are exaggerating.  

I have no dog in this hunt, you’re not renting a line you’re renting a  270° shooting room.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, RED333 said:

I have no dog in this hunt, you’re not renting a line you’re renting a  270° shooting room.

Yeah, that really bears pointing out.  In this case, time AND space means money.  If you can't subdivide the space into lanes that allow you to safely pack more people in it (like most shooting ranges) and charge each of them less per hour, then you're left charging one person more per hour.

Like you, I have no dog in that hunt but I can understand the math from a business perspective.

Hey y'all,

My apologies for not pointing out the main difference in their service. As others have stated, it is not a lane rental but a shoot 270 room. You can shoot 3 of the 4 walls in the room up to 308win, moveable large targets and all sorts of neat stuff you can set up. It is ideal for tactical training, low light, no light, competition, etc. I absolutely agree that $90 is steep for an hour but it is more like a custom training course than a typical lane rental. Plus, with membership you can go as often as you'd like and that made it worth it for me.

Just wanted to share my experience with a relatively new business. Pricey? Yes, absolutely. Worth it for me, right now for what I am trying to get better at? I think so. 

4 hours ago, molov said:

You can shoot 3 of the 4 walls in the room up to 308win, moveable large targets and all sorts of neat stuff you can set up. It is ideal for tactical training, low light, no light, competition, etc. I

I have seriously thought about going by and trying this, time is an issue with me

It's enticing but that location is problematic, so far and so much traffic. Do you have trouble booking time? One would think that with more limited space there'd naturally be more contention for it versus a traditional many-lane shooting range.

Edited by James B
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 10:52 PM, James B said:

It's enticing but that location is problematic, so far and so much traffic. Do you have trouble booking time? One would think that with more limited space there'd naturally be more contention for it versus a traditional many-lane shooting range.

I use their online booking system and have never had an issue with it. Not a lot of same day action but you can square away an appointment at most times the day before. First time I went, they were super laid back and I was in the room for longer than an hour. The second time they were pretty booked and I had to vacate after my hour was up. Traffic is something I usually manage by going during off hours. It is close enough to the interstate but far enough from the mall.