This Glock 19 might win over the die-hard 1911 types

TGO David

2 hours ago, TGO David said:

Saw this on Battlecock Tactical's social media.

https://www.facebook.com/BattleCockTactical/

Battlecock G1911.jpg

For the uninitiated, Battlecock is one of the best "plastic surgeons" there is.  He consistently cranks out amazing Glocks (and others), all modified by hand.

I can ONLY speak for myself, but I would take it. However, NO 9mm would ever replace a 1911 .45 in my book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
11 hours ago, Photoguy67 said:

I can ONLY speak for myself, but I would take it. However, NO 9mm would ever replace a 1911 .45 in my book.

I say this as a 1911 fan with more than a few of them:  There's no good replacement for low round count and slow, heavy rounds except for maybe a slingshot. 🙂

• Like 2

TGO David. Do you conceal carry your 1911 all the time? Me, I am a 7 shot revolver guy with MP 9C 15 shot as back up. The 1911 seem large to me, although I admit I have never tried to carry one in the past and just gave my only 1911 away to grandson.   

17 hours ago, KahrMan said:

It is kinda fugly. 

Oddly enough...I think I like it. Gives the Glock a certain panache that improves it's looks. LOL!

Although not really a fan of the "battleworn" appearance of many manufactured items, this does work. Has a realism to it that makes it work.

Nice!  Wish my Glock-45 looked like that!  know most don’t like these kinds of finishes, but I do.  I have 2 Sigs with what they call distressed stainless steel finish that I love.  One is a 1911 We The People and the other is a P-365XL  Spectre.

Edited by Defender
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, KahrMan said:

It is kinda  extremely fugly. 

FIFY

20 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

"This Glock 19 might win over the die-hard 1911 types"

Not hardly, Bubba. 👎

Probably a very expensive Bubba job, but still a Bubba ...

• Administrator
22 hours ago, pop pop said:

TGO David. Do you conceal carry your 1911 all the time? Me, I am a 7 shot revolver guy with MP 9C 15 shot as back up. The 1911 seem large to me, although I admit I have never tried to carry one in the past and just gave my only 1911 away to grandson.   

I don't carry a 1911 anymore.  If I am carrying something like that, it is a 9mm 2011 and definitely concealed.

On 2/26/2022 at 5:55 PM, TGO David said:

Saw this on Battlecock Tactical's social media.

https://www.facebook.com/BattleCockTactical/

Battlecock G1911.jpg

For the uninitiated, Battlecock is one of the best "plastic surgeons" there is.  He consistently cranks out amazing Glocks (and others), all modified by hand.

While I am not a big Glock fan, I do respect their reliability.  I have a couple in my collection (19 & 20) but don't care for how they look.

All that said..... I DO like the looks of this.  Good stuff.

14 hours ago, Beltfed said:

It’s a Glock.  What else do you need to know.  You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig.

Just like this Glock made Bubba feel special, that lipsticked up pig would too.....

I will never understand people who want to take a new gun and make it look old on purpose. I guess kind of like the airsoft guys like their guns to look real, so they feel like real soldiers. Unless I buy a gun used, I like to put all the honest wear on a gun myself. 

• Administrator

Let's just agree that a lot of you replying in this thread aren't the customer demographic that will spend the money to customize a Glock.  Let's also agree that the people who do that are no different than the people who spend money to customize a 1911.

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
11 minutes ago, gun sane said:

Next thing ya know, somebody will post a pic of a S&W with the screws mangled.......Oh, wait!  🤐

No one wants to see that.   But a more relevant comparison would be a tricked-out custom M&P.  Get out your turd polish!

i-jFCJWQV-X2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Love em both, G19/1911.  However if that *gly looking thing were my only choice I would take up archery.

No offense meant, Just Ed's Opinion 🤣

edit:  btw, a 1911 is slimmer than the G19 so a Commander sized one conceals ok'ish,  Problem is the weight, better get a good belt and lose some weight.  Then there is the age old issue of 45 acp vs higher capacity 9mm.  Won;t chime in on that one,

Edited by JustEd