This Glock 19 might win over the die-hard 1911 types

TGO David

On 2/27/2022 at 8:41 AM, pop pop said:

TGO David. Do you conceal carry your 1911 all the time? Me, I am a 7 shot revolver guy with MP 9C 15 shot as back up. The 1911 seem large to me, although I admit I have never tried to carry one in the past and just gave my only 1911 away to grandson.   

A 5" 1911 carries and conceals much better than a revolver in my opinion.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, JustEd said:

Love em both, G19/1911.  However if that *gly looking thing were my only choice I would take up archery.

No offense meant, Just Ed's Opinion 🤣

edit:  btw, a 1911 is slimmer than the G19 so a Commander sized one conceals ok'ish,  Problem is the weight, better get a good belt and lose some weight.  Then there is the age old issue of 45 acp vs higher capacity 9mm.  Won;t chime in on that one,

You get used to the extra weight. When I carried an all steel .45 my back would hurt if it wasn't there.

I'll take 7 rds of .45 over a Glock every day. You cannot hide that ugly slide gap.

And a Para 14.45 is the only "1911" I own at the moment so the capacity isn't an issue for me.

Now that I don't have to worry about "flashing" a concealed piece, IWB is out anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

The patina is great, even the faux patina on the trigger guard, if I'd earned it. 

Still has a Glock trigger and no safety. 

Wanted to reward Glock's innovation, but gave up after the second one.  Bulging cases from my 22 did not instill confidence, either. 

I'm definitely in the minority here, but I do like that. Always was a Glock Hater until about 3 months ago when a friend sold me his 45acp glock. I took it to the range and compared it to my Springfield custom 45acp and immediately liked the Glock better, which I did not want to do...I've put lots of money and time into the Springfield to get it to where it is, but seemed I could shoot better with the Glock and it was not near as punishing to my old bones as the Springfield. Since then, I have purchased another 4-5 Glocks and a new carry for me is a Glock 10mm...I guess that's what opinions and different guns are for.

I have previously shot a few 10mm and they were quite snappy to me, but the Glock is just butter smooth and seems to work every time I pull the trigger. I am old, but sometimes I do change, LOL

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Cevans said:

I'm definitely in the minority here, but I do like that. Always was a Glock Hater until about 3 months ago when a friend sold me his 45acp glock. I took it to the range and compared it to my Springfield custom 45acp and immediately liked the Glock better, which I did not want to do...I've put lots of money and time into the Springfield to get it to where it is, but seemed I could shoot better with the Glock and it was not near as punishing to my old bones as the Springfield. Since then, I have purchased another 4-5 Glocks and a new carry for me is a Glock 10mm...I guess that's what opinions and different guns are for.

I have previously shot a few 10mm and they were quite snappy to me, but the Glock is just butter smooth and seems to work every time I pull the trigger. I am old, but sometimes I do change, LOL

The large frame Glocks were designed around the 10mm.The polymer frame absorbs a lot of the recoil making them easier to shoot than a steel frame 1911.It seems you have also discovered how accurate the .45acp Glocks are.Other than the lean years between 08-12 I have owned at least 1 Glock of one caliber or another since 1990.

Never fell in love with the whole 1911 thing, do have a couple of Glocks. A G19 was my first real big boy handgun. Added a bunch more since including the G19's little brother G26, just to be a little more compact and to stay in the double stack mag interchangeability family. Lately I'm thing a G34 would be nice to round out my Glock collection.

Sorry left out the comment on the topic. I like butting my own age on new guns. Older handguns if they have some earned scars that is fine, I don't like fake aging,

Edited by Jeb48
  • Like 1
On 3/11/2022 at 10:45 PM, Cevans said:

totally in agreement with you on this one. Love the worn look and lucky to have kept an open mind to exploring sig, glock, kimber, etc.