Previous open carry threads

Swang

Reading over the comments about not OC because of making people feel uncomfortable or scared, yall are just so wonderful. You going to allow your home to be randomly searched so the neighbors can feel safe? What else you giving up trying to win people over? I am not wanting to win people over, they need to deal with their comfort, otherwise pipe down and WEAR A MASK FOR THEM, right? the law has been passed so be it. Strategic or not, your willing to give up your right because of someone's feelings or irrational fears, under the guise of strategy.

Be honest, strategic or not, your hiding your gun.

I am all for OC it should be the norm around here. you know your rights are limited, one step out the door and people narc.

Not many robberies does a guy walk in snoop around check everyone's waist, then pistol whips a clerk. They roll in, gimme your money and out the door, your excuse for OC in home depot because the robber will scan everyone prior to committing his act is not a very powerful one. The fact is your scared to but can't admit it.

Just watch any "audit" on yourube about filming in a post office, people go crazy cops come out, they beat their chest, grit their teeth, intimidate, then when sarge aarrives enlightens them on a constitutionally protected act and they walk back to their patrol car all bitter.

I am all for activism to preserve the rights we have, if your scared your part of the problem.

Let it simmer, before you start barking at me, you know I'm right 

I do not have a problem with OC.  The few I have seen were not showing off or trying to be the center of attention.  To each their own.  I am more interested in what they are carrying and if I "need" one.  I do not think anyone is scared one way or the other.  The people of this forum are quality folks as best I can tell.  Many served their country and put their lives on the line to do so,  scared, not a chance.  We certainly do all not agree on everything but tend to disagree politely.  I would suggest you do as well. 

• Like 1

If you don't use it, you lose it.

You have already lost it.

Nothing wrong with a well dressed gentlemen wearing OWB buying some bread.

You all are intimidated. Your adversary does not care, they don't like guns, you won't win anything over

41 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

You gonna walk around in public with your pecker hanging out? There’s something to be said for decorum.

39 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Its called common courtesy. No reason to alarm otherwise good people just because you want to show off and be the center of attention. 

There are IMHO pros and cons to both concealed and open carry which I won't get into. It's a personal choice that should be, as many other things, up to the individual.

BUT, are y'all saying that LEO are alarming good people and in poor taste? The OP makes a little sense in that "otherwise good people" have been overly sensitized to citizens carrying sidearms. And wrongly so. I consistently carry concealed so as not to draw attention and maintain situational awareness in hopes of negating any speed disadvantage. but that's just me. I'm not hiding anything per se but it's nobody's business what I'm carrying. Besides, what you see isn't all there is all of the time.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, papa61 said:

There are IMHO pros and cons to both concealed and open carry which I won't get into. It's a personal choice that should be, as many other things, up to the individual.

BUT, are y'all saying that LEO are alarming good people and in poor taste? The OP makes a little sense in that "otherwise good people" have been overly sensitized to citizens carrying sidearms. And wrongly so. I consistently carry concealed so as not to draw attention and maintain situational awareness in hopes of negating any speed disadvantage. but that's just me. I'm not hiding anything per se but it's nobody's business what I'm carrying. Besides, what you see isn't all there is all of the time.

30 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I hope you hang around for the long haul, but just a bit of friendly advice: you might consider toning it down a notch or two.

Right on brotha... we need to be free I'm not saying scary.

Is this not TN?

55 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Its called common courtesy. No reason to alarm otherwise good people just because you want to show off and be the center of attention. 

Common courtesy is wearing a mask also, so have problems with that. I do agree with being a good citizen. 

1 minute ago, Swang said:

Common courtesy is wearing a mask also, so have problems with that. I do agree with being a good citizen. 

Honestly, you come off as a jerk. In person, that might be different. It isn't that I disagree with you. I simply do not care for your delivery.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, papa61 said:

Doesn't apply to LEO's, they're wearing wearing a uniform and are at work.  It's generally accepted that they'll be armed. 

I agree that people are overly sensitive to open carry, among a long list of other things. Unfortunately, most of the open carry I see is either some half wit wearing a crap holster or a voldemort wannabe.  I see no tactical advantage in open carry and I do my best to avoid attention, so I don't do it.