$3.69-$3.89 Where/when does it end?

14 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

$4.29 last night at the Flash Market in Bells. 

I saw $4.84 diesel yesterday at a gas station on the way to Little Rock.  Same station was $5.04 today on the way back.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's $6 next weekend.  

2 hours ago, deerslayer said:

I saw $4.84 diesel yesterday at a gas station on the way to Little Rock.  Same station was $5.04 today on the way back.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's $6 next weekend.  

Just read an article talking about stock futures and commodity prices.  Oil prices are rising again overnight, hitting highs last seen in 2008 in anticipation of Western nations sanctioning oil sales by Russia ...

4 dollar reg gas, 5 dollar diesel, filled up my yard cutting jugs, little over 25 gallons, killed a 100 dollar bill, $3.79 a gallon at my local station.

If you are getting your yard cut by a pro, I see a prices going up.

• Wow 1
9 hours ago, deerslayer said:

Pretty much.  Otherwise, I can't think of a reason our leaders would refuse to increase American oil production, which would A. lower the price for Americans already fighting inflation  B. Supply the rest of the world or much of it  and C. Make dickheads like Putin irrelevant.  Instead, supporting the green energy cult is more important than national security.  

Seems like more than anything else, politicians like getting re-elected. There is a lot of pressure to stop buying Russian oil and increase US oil production. I suspect that's what will happen but might take some time. 

$3.99/gallon by house today sadly. 

On 3/5/2022 at 9:43 PM, Jamie Jackson said:

Just tagging in.

$3.79 at Marathon on Kingston Pike near Lovell in Knoxville today. 

ETA: Saturday March 5th

Increased to $3.99 when I passed this morning. (Monday)

Edited by Jamie Jackson
words...
On 3/6/2022 at 12:48 AM, DWARREN123 said:

It will not stop as long as the dems/libs have any say in how things are done.

The last time gas was this high the Republicans were in charge.  R's and D's are just the same clowns in different rings of the circus.  They aren't looking out for you, me, or us.  They are looking out for whatever the agenda of the week is. 

• Like 3
  • Authorized Vendor

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Traders-Are-Now-Betting-On-200-Oil-By-The-End-Of-The-Month.html

Traders Are Now Betting On $200 Oil By The End Of The Month

When some options traders bet in September 2021 that oil could reach $200 a barrel oil by the end of this year, those headlines were mostly in the “oddly enough” category. Now that prices hit $130 early on Monday, $200 oil by the end of March is not so unthinkable, as even major investment banks predict that a Russian oil ban would easily send prices to $150 and possibly to $200.   

And now options traders have significantly increased bets that oil could hit $200 as early as this month. Traders would profit from those call options if oil prices were to rally to those levels.

Read more.

• Angry 1

$200/barrel would translate to around $5.80/gallon from what I'm seeing. I'm more thankful than ever that I work from home but I feel for everyone else. 

Even if we don't end up in an all out war with Russia it's really concerning how things are trending in the world. My wife and I both think we're going to see some really disturbing things in our lifetime. 

• Like 4
On 3/6/2022 at 6:43 AM, 10-Ring said:

I'm noticing less traffic on the road.  No one likes $4 gallon gas, but I'm enjoying the lighter traffic.  Might as well make the best of it. 

I noticed during the last go’round that $4 was the tipping point to where traffic magically dropped by at least half. That was several years back. I suspect it’ll take $5 this time to achieve the same.

• Like 1

My older son sold his pickup about a month ago and bought a Honda Civic. I wondered what the hell he was doing at the time, but now he looks like a genius.

I bought some traveling luggage for my bike last weekend. Looks like me and mama will be two wheeling this summer.

1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

I noticed during the last go’round that $4 was the tipping point to where traffic magically dropped by at least half. That was several years back. I suspect it’ll take $5 this time to achieve the same.

2008 Obummer was in office. Regular Unleaded was over $4.00 a gallon locally. I was a temp  where I worked, making $9.00 hr.  I was mad as hell but, I think with all the crap going on now, I might be madder.

Edited by Quavodus
  • Like 1

I filled up a couple of days ago. My 19 year old V8 likes the Unleaded Plus. $3.89 per gallon. I still had a quarter of a tank and a $50 bill vanished.  I guess I'll switch to regular unleaded. 🙄

Oh well, I don't go much of anywhere anyway. Besides weather says it gonna turn chilly and wet for a while. I'll just sit at home as usual.  

I am worried about my oldest son. Wrecked his truck last year during the vehicle shortage. All he could find was a 4X4 with a big V8.  Just started  a new job about 25 miles each way. I may have to loan him gas money.  

Hurting Russia is what's gonna end the war. I don't like the gas prices, but I will tolerate it for the cause. 

8 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

I filled up a couple of days ago. My 19 year old V8 likes the Unleaded Plus. $3.89 per gallon. I still had a quarter of a tank and a $50 bill vanished.  I guess I'll switch to regular unleaded. 🙄

Oh well, I don't go much of anywhere anyway. Besides weather says it gonna turn chilly and wet for a while. I'll just sit at home as usual.  

I am worried about my oldest son. Wrecked his truck last year during the vehicle shortage. All he could find was a 4X4 with a big V8.  Just started  a new job about 25 miles each way. I may have to loan him gas money.  

Hurting Russia is what's gonna end the war. I don't like the gas prices, but I will tolerate it for the cause. 

Why couldn't we just pump our own again, you know, like last year?

• Thanks 4