$3.69-$3.89 Where/when does it end?

1 hour ago, RED333 said:

The one weak point on electric fork trucks is the battery connection, if it is just a little bit loose the connection over heats and things go bad from there, fork trucks use 24 volt systems.

Cars on the road use bolt and nut connections, you do not want a loose connection on a car as there is much more than 24 volts.

Simple connector issue.  Fork batteries have toolless qd for charging.   No reason to use similar on a car.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Moped said:

You're right.  Fusion is what I meant.  Still doesn't mean they won't figure it out in the next decade or two, though.  We've come a long way since we created the first atom bomb.  Now we are looking at mini nuclear plants. Also we are moving away from costly coal plants (from the stand point of clean air and ashfills) to gas turbine plants (environmentalists are still not happy about those, but they can suck it for the present.  They are a lot cleaner than coal plants).

Ground power gas turbines are generally used for peak power only. They use way too much fuel for base load work and then consume a fair amount of power when not producing.  So a base load of solar/wind/hydro with gas turbines for really hot afternoons or really cold nights is a solution. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, peejman said:

Ground power gas turbines are generally used for peak power only. They use way too much fuel for base load work and then consume a fair amount of power when not producing.  So a base load of solar/wind/hydro with gas turbines for really hot afternoons or really cold nights is a solution. 

Gas Turbines are what TVA is hanging their hat on. Another new bank is going in at Johnsonville.  That will bring them up to 30 turbines I believe. John Sevier is now a Gas Turbine Plant as well, as is Allen.  That's not all. Several large Substations have Gas Turbines installed at them as well.  Though I think TVA took most of those over after the Enron debacle.

Lot of privately owned Solar Farms are going in all over the valley now as well. They do and will sell power to TVA. 

TVA is down to only 4 or 5 Coal fire plants now, with Bull Run scheduled to go offline in 2025.  The rumor I've heard is Cumberland may be next.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, RED333 said:

That is for charging, discharging under load is where the issue will come up.

You misunderstanding my point.  The qd exists because of the charging system.  We have better ways of handling this in the higher voltage applications like EVs.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Capbyrd said:

You misunderstanding my point.  The qd exists because of the charging system.  We have better ways of handling this in the higher voltage applications like EVs.  

I was responding to the hot swap batteries.

18 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

They've been testing EV flight with the stop and swap method with great success. Don't remember the range but you could conceivably go coast to coast with enough runways and swap stations. 

An airplane is the last thing that's battery powered that I'd want to board.     

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Trekbike said:

I'm with you.... but.  I fly model airplanes and I have to say that the electric powered models are more reliable than the fuel-powered models, and much less trouble. The electric motors and batteries fail less frequently than the engines do. On the other hand, typical flight times for an electric model are around 5 minutes whereas a glow-fuel engine plane can go 20.  Battery and motor tech has come a long way, and I expect that it will eventually be safe in an airplane for short-duration flights. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/13/opec-cut-is-trumps-biggest-and-most-complex-deal-ever-dan-yergin.html

Anyone remember this from april 2020?  The one where President Trump made a deal with OPEC ?

"As the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and its allies came to an agreement on a record cut in oil production,
U.S. President Donald Trump may have struck his “biggest and most complex deal,” according to oil expert Dan Yergin.
Commenting on the deal that has been struck by OPEC+, Yergin said it has “bought time” and avoided a “disaster” for the oil industry."

"Just a few weeks ago, Trump had said the early-March plunge in oil prices were “good for the consumer” as it meant lower gasoline
prices. That drop in crude prices had been triggered by an oil price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia after Moscow rejected a
proposal by OPEC to cut 1.5 million barrels of production per day."

"His comments came after OPEC+ finalized an agreement to cut production by 9.7 million barrels per day — the single largest output cut in history."

“This agreement goes two years, so it’s also meant to manage the inventories downward over that period of time,” Yergin said.
“What this has done is averted what really would have been a disaster for the oil industry and I think it does give some stabilization.”
Edited by Daniel
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/13/opec-cut-is-trumps-biggest-and-most-complex-deal-ever-dan-yergin.html

Anyone remember this from april 2020?  The one where President Trump made a deal with OPEC ?

"As the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and its allies came to an agreement on a record cut in oil production,
U.S. President Donald Trump may have struck his “biggest and most complex deal,” according to oil expert Dan Yergin.
Commenting on the deal that has been struck by OPEC+, Yergin said it has “bought time” and avoided a “disaster” for the oil industry."

"Just a few weeks ago, Trump had said the early-March plunge in oil prices were “good for the consumer” as it meant lower gasoline
prices. That drop in crude prices had been triggered by an oil price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia after Moscow rejected a

"His comments came after OPEC+ finalized an agreement to cut production by 9.7 million barrels per day — the single largest output cut in history."

“This agreement goes two years, so it’s also meant to manage the inventories downward over that period of time,” Yergin said.
“What this has done is averted what really would have been a disaster for the oil industry and I think it does give some stabilization.”

No, don't recall that, but I do recall him taking advantage of the price war to refill the depleted Strategic Petroleum Reserve with American crude.

https://www.energy.gov/articles/department-energy-executes-direction-president-trump-announces-solicitation-purchase-crude

WASHINGTON, D.C. – At the direction of the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, the Department of Energy (DOE) will fill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) to its maximum capacity by purchasing 77 million barrels of American-made crude oil. Today, DOE announced a solicitation for the purchase of an initial 30 million barrels to begin filling the SPR. Solicitations for additional purchases will follow.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Trekbike said:

They will be able to go into a steep dive and charge the battery from the windmilling propeller.

What could possibly go wrong with that?

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
9 hours ago, Daniel said:

You do realize he is not longer in office, right? Are we going to continue to blame everything bad that happens on him in perpetuity, or will there eventually be an expiration date?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

You do realize he is not longer in office, right? Are we going to continue to blame everything bad that happens on him in perpetuity, or will there eventually be an expiration date?

Livin' rent free in that head of his 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, gregintenn said:

A historical deal that is still in effect that lowered the output of oil production.  A deal orchestrated by him.  Yes that is on him lol.   I just find the way it is switched around and you all throw up the "i did that" stickers with biden and facts dont matter to be funny.

Edited by Daniel
  • Haha 2
27 minutes ago, Daniel said:

A historical deal that is still in effect that lowered the output of oil production.  A deal orchestrated by him.  Yes that is on him lol.   I just find the way it is switched around and you all throw up the "i did that" stickers with biden and facts dont matter to be funny.

Was domestic production reduced as a result?

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Read the piece.

I did.  Twice.  I noticed you left out this part:

OPEC+ is hoping that nations outside of the group, including the U.S., Canada and Norway, will also cut back on production in an effort to shore up prices. For his part, Trump has noted that market forces would naturally curb output stateside, after previously stopping short of saying the U.S. would scale back production.

So again, how much was US oil production reduced as a result of this agreement?

• Like 3