I challenge you to 鈥榮plain this one to me!

2 hours ago, Handsome Rob said:

I still don't understand how Chinese SKSs are selling for a grand. That 336 price is well above my mental pay grade!

Cause people are idiots.聽 You can get one at Bud's for $399 right now.

8 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Looks to me like this was a legitimate buyer. I鈥檓 seeing more and more things I simply do not understand.

You may be correct. 聽I was going through the things he has bought on Gunbroker and all I can say is wow. 聽That dude has spent some money. 聽He has bought a lot from very reputable sellers. 聽He may be one of those guys that has more money than he will ever spend and just buys whatever he wants no matter the cost.

Edited by KahrMan
2 hours ago, KahrMan said:

You may be correct. 聽I was going through the things he has bought on Gunbroker and all I can say is wow. 聽That dude has spent some money. 聽He has bought a lot from very reputable sellers. 聽He may be one of those guys that has more money than he will ever spend and just buys whatever he wants no matter the cost.

Well for some of this stuff, they are not gonna make any more.... Just gets harder to get good examples at a decent price every year.聽

1 hour ago, Ronald_55 said:

Well for some of this stuff, they are not gonna make any more.... Just gets harder to get good examples at a decent price every year.聽

Right, but a 336 Marlin may well be the most common firearm in America. There will be millions of them stuck back in closets unused since new.

20 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Right, but a 336 Marlin may well be the most common firearm in America. There will be millions of them stuck back in closets unused since new.

I honestly did not dig too deep into that item.

Well there is always my other theory of stuff like this... money laundering. Same for crazy prices stuff on eBay.聽

• Like 1
4 hours ago, KahrMan said:

It.... it was you, wasn't it Bill? 馃榿

• Wow 1
7 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

I honestly did not dig too deep into that item.

Well there is always my other theory of stuff like this... money laundering. Same for crazy prices stuff on eBay.聽

That鈥檚 all I can figure.

I understand being able to find one person that could be convinced that this is a $10k gun because what a single person is capable of never really ceases to amaze me.聽 But to find multiple people who continued to bid after the price of this gun was well above "market value" is what blows my mind.聽 But then again I need not to have to look back further than the 2020 presidential election to find large groups of people making poor choices.聽聽

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jeff43 said:

I know this is the long gun section , but this is on the same topic I guess. I thought it was interesting since I have one.

DD09D6E7-AF20-4993-B5B3-6E76814BBCF7.png

Do you have one that's NIB, with the original box in mint condition as well?聽 Although I don't play in these circles, often times the box is a really big deal with collectors of mint guns, sometimes worth as much as the gun itself, seemingly.聽 It's not my cup of tea, but each to his own ...

I'm sure there are people here who would be shocked at what I, and especially others who are more well-heeled than I, have paid for some beat up old milsurps too ...

• Like 1