Coud Defensive MCH Mission Configurable Handheld

• Administrator

My first MCH arrived today.  I have another on order, but this one has the EDC head with dual output.  It is their FDE finish with the Thyrm Switchback ring on it.

The other on order is clear anodized and has the High Candella single-output head on it.  That one will get carried on security duty because I've never done Force On Force training in the dark where I wished that I had anything less than ALL of the lumens.

I'll let you guys know how I think the EDC version works, in a few hours.  🙂

i-ZhK5rnP-X3.jpg

i-kB4fdqc-X3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am holding out for a moonshine edition but really looking forward to testing one of these out.  Cloud is an outstanding company and I have been very impressed with their rifle lights so no reason to think the MCH won't be an all star.

• 4 months later...

David,

I was not even considering those when they came out, but after picking up a Modlite and seeing how Candela works as opposed to Lumen output, I will be getting one if not 2 variations of the Cloud defense Handheld lights. 

The Switchback is one of the greatest inventions ever for a flashlight I put one on my Surefire Dual Output Fury and love it, I have one coming for my Modlite 
OKW

Edited by willis68
  • Administrator

I've got two now:  One with the EDC head and one with the High Candela (HC) head.  I can't choose a favorite between them and use them depending on the situation.

When I am serving at church on the safety team, I carry the HC version.  The single output tail switch gives me an insane amount of illumination and throw with the tap of the switch.  I can use the inherent "spill" to provide just enough illumination without blinding myself with splash-back, or put the full intensity of the beam onto a target or into someone else's eyes for effect.

The EDC head is great for EDC and has the two-way tail switch.

Like I said, I can't choose a favorite.  They're both awesome for two different applications.

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2022 at 5:17 PM, TGO David said:

I've got two now:  One with the EDC head and one with the High Candela (HC) head.  I can't choose a favorite between them and use them depending on the situation.

When I am serving at church on the safety team, I carry the HC version.  The single output tail switch gives me an insane amount of illumination and throw with the tap of the switch.  I can use the inherent "spill" to provide just enough illumination without blinding myself with splash-back, or put the full intensity of the beam onto a target or into someone else's eyes for effect.

The EDC head is great for EDC and has the two-way tail switch.

Like I said, I can't choose a favorite.  They're both awesome for two different applications.

I just ordered the HC MCH Single output in FDE, I am looking forward to comparing it to my Modlite OKW

• Like 1

Got it, I love it as well but truthfully the Modlite OKW in my opinion is a tad better. The Cloud gets pretty hot when running for a while, I understand the design calls for this as a heat sink of sort, but the Modlite does not get nearly as hot

What Cloud got right is how the inserts for the tail cap to customize the sensitivity of the pressure button, I wish Modlite had that also the fact that the MCH is quite a bit cheaper, for the money there is no better handheld light in my opinion, I will be getting the OD green one next, so Yes I only get a second if they are worth it and the MCH most certainly is 

On 10/2/2022 at 9:19 AM, Defender said:

Have y’all been to the range with the switchback ring installed yet?  Curious how it works while holding it with your firearm.  I looked for but didn’t find a video on their web site.

Edited by willis68
10 hours ago, Defender said:

Thanks.  I sw those on their web page, but I was looking for opinions from y’all on here that use them.  Anyone ?

I use mine the same way, even use the swichback if I am not carrying a pistol, but as the videos show you can make a firm purchase on the pistol with the light secured in your hand