Unable to upload pictures

It's not allowing me to upload photos from my phone like I always do. It says the files are too large. Tried a variety of different pics and none worked. I even went into my profile and deleted out old uploads to make sure I had space for my account.

Anyone else having issues?

• Administrator

OK, I made some changes to make this a little easier on folks who are accustomed to uploading photos straight from their iPhones to platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc.

1. I set the maximum upload size to 8MB.  This means that a person should be able to upload all but the most massive photos.

2. I then set the forum to resize those photos to a maximum of 1600 x 1200 pixels.  The forum does that and discards the original photo if it was larger.

Let me provide an example:

A8201DB5-E695-4895-80BF-F92E2FE48262.jpeg

The original size of the photo above, on my iPhone 12 Pro, was 4032 x 3024 pixels and 5MB in size.

When I uploaded this photo as an attachment, the forum software downsized it to 1600 x 1200 pixels and around 400KB in size and discarded the original file.

These changes that I just made should help you guys post photos without a lot of gymnastics being required but will also help conserve the amount of file storage that we make available to you.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.