What’s the furthest you’ve shot?

bigarc

Farthest I’ve shot was 1,035 but the hits were with my friends gun. I ran out of ammo in my rifle trying to walk my shots in on that target so never hit the thousand with my rifle that day.
Last Sunday I shot all afternoon with my own rifle at 830 yards. We’d planned to do half mile but after getting down to shoot prone, realized there was a rise in front of us. Moved forward so we could set up and it ended up being 830 yards. Still had a lot of fun doing it and looking forward to going out to farther ranges. 

600 yards is about the longest so far. I was primarily a pistol shooter before getting into some rifle shooting/hunting so I am working my equipment, my knowledge, and my skill level up to my goal of 1760+. When you never had anything more powerful than a 3-9 optic on a small bore rifle the step up seems a bit steep at first. 

500 yards w/iron sights on an M-16 while in the Marine corps numerous times. I scored expert 4 out of 4 times, and if I did it twice more I would never have to qualify again. I didn't stay in long enough to go after the 6th expert award. I've never been on another range longer than that.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, OldIronFan said:

600 yards is about the longest so far. I was primarily a pistol shooter before getting into some rifle shooting/hunting so I am working my equipment, my knowledge, and my skill level up to my goal of 1760+. When you never had anything more powerful than a 3-9 optic on a small bore rifle the step up seems a bit steep at first. 

600 should be no issue with your avatar photo🤪

10 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

600 should be no issue with your avatar photo🤪

Oh it will get there for sure. Getting it to actually hit the target is up to the skills of the user though.  
That was taken the first time I had an opportunity to shoot one. I did not own one at that time. We were only shooting it about 150 ~ 175 yards that day so not nearly as much of a challenge. 

18 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

Oh it will get there for sure. Getting it to actually hit the target is up to the skills of the user though.  
That was taken the first time I had an opportunity to shoot one. I did not own one at that time. We were only shooting it about 150 ~ 175 yards that day so not nearly as much of a challenge. 

First time my daughter shot mine, kind of caught her off guard.

ash

• Like 1

When I worked at MTG in Springfield we had access to land we were able to get out to about 1150m. The furthest I got out during either sniper school was about 1300m. Bolt guns were used in all cases, M24s in 7.62x51 during sniper school and custom builds at MTG in various calibers.