What’s the furthest you’ve shot?

bigarc

• 3 weeks later...

Longest distance I have ever been able to shoot at was 534m. Honestly, for the Remington 700 (308) I used to own it was a relatively easy shot. One of those things where having quality gear can help make you look like a better shot than you normally are. Longest shot for meat was a measly 170m (Aero M5 308). But hey, that doe was 162labs standing weight and that backstop was phenomenal so I can't complain to much. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Alleycat72 said:

What's everyone's longest shot that connected at night? 

0 yards for me. 
That will change for me next month. Going on a night time hog hunt in Texas in June. 

Edited by KahrMan
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Alleycat72 said:

That trip may cost you more than you expect.  LOL 😆 

That thought has crossed my mind.  Of course it was all of your posts that planted the seed in my brain...So I do not think the trip will really be at fault...

1 minute ago, Snaveba said:

what are you taking to hunt with?

In the afternoons were are going to chase hogs with dogs and finish them with spears.  I will have my FK PSD as back up and my buddy will have my Glock 20 as his back up.  The outfitter is supplying the rifles with night vision for the night time hunt.  Not sure what that will be till I get there.

3 hours ago, KahrMan said:

In the afternoons were are going to chase hogs with dogs and finish them with spears.  I will have my FK PSD as back up and my buddy will have my Glock 20 as his back up.  The outfitter is supplying the rifles with night vision for the night time hunt.  Not sure what that will be till I get there.

What outfitter?

On 5/25/2022 at 11:02 AM, stealthgoat said:

Was that the Steele Fun Shoot?  I haven't been there, but the range looks really nice. 

no, I just went on a week day when nothing was going on. I have only been once, but plan on going more. It's just in an odd spot if you are coming from knoxville so it's kind of out there in no mans land for us.