Tell me about your Hellcat

TGO David

@TGO David so took the Hellcat pro out for another shooting night tonight. Defensive pistol class at Royal. Went A LOT better than Day 1 with it; stacked shots on a 2in circle and good hits on speedier drills. I’d attribute bad shots to poor trigger prep (Im By no means a fantastic shooter). That bein said, it still is a very snappy pistol. Shooting my mod2 is significantly more pleasant long term, but The pro is significantly smaller.

Trade offs

• Like 1
  • Administrator
10 hours ago, Fencersms said:

@TGO David so took the Hellcat pro out for another shooting night tonight. Defensive pistol class at Royal. Went A LOT better than Day 1 with it; stacked shots on a 2in circle and good hits on speedier drills. I’d attribute bad shots to poor trigger prep (Im By no means a fantastic shooter). That bein said, it still is a very snappy pistol. Shooting my mod2 is significantly more pleasant long term, but The pro is significantly smaller.

Trade offs

Glad you got it out there and ran it!

We've got a few guys on our team at church running Hellcats.  I'm not sure if any of them have the Pro version.  A few of them shot with me at an informal workshop that one of the guys hosted a few months ago and both they and their guns did really good.  Plenty accurate, even on some walk-back drills out to 25 yards or so.

• 2 months later...

I own a Hellcat and have been carrying it for a while.  Probably have put somewhere around 1500 rounds through it without any issues.  I considered the Pro when I bought it.  The Pro has a slightly longer barrel but I prefer the standard.  I can throw a 15-round magazine in it and have the same capacity as the Pro or put the flush magazine in it and pocket carry with ease.  I own a 43x with Shield Arms mags and had a P365 that I sold after some poor customer service with Sig.  I think that the Hellcat and the P365 were neck and neck with slight feature differences.  The 43x isn't bad but it's note got that short mag/large mag option depending on where and how I am carrying it.

I have a Hellcat RDP. I’ve had it for a few months now. Close to 1000rds through it. Comes equipped with a very decent optic and a compensator. Originally purchased for my wife but the recoil was a bit spicy for her. Not one to let a gun go unwanted, I started shooting it on weekend range trips. I have 4-15rd mags, 4-13rd mags and the one lonely 11rd mag. I have 3 holsters but not the one holster just yet. I have since installed a TLR7sub light. Which of course makes holsters almost impossible to find. Also I’m not fond of kydex holsters. Remind me too much of cheap toy holsters. I’ve learned that it carries  very well. I’ve grown to be more favor to it when getting ready to leave the house. It “hides” well. Better than previous carry guns (Glock 32/23/19) Always prefer the 15rd mags as they make my hand fit so much better. Probably should have got the Pro with the same WASP optic but just don’t know if it would conceal as well. Loading the mags are a PITA. I can’t use common speed loaders. After 13rds in it gets painful for those last 2 but the loader that comes with it does help. 
It is an accurate pistol. For me anyway. Out to 20 yards. It’s IS a little snappy but every small pistol I have shot is. I like it a lot. 

I've owned the P365 for a few years and really liked it for pocket carry.  The grip was just the right size to get a decent 3-finger grip and it shot quite well for me.

I picked up a Hellcat not long after they had hit shelves.    Handling and shooting it, it was not appreciably visibly larger than the P365 but it was just a little too big in every dimension.   The slide was too tall, the grip just a hair too fat.   Bottom line, larger than I could do for pocket carry.   And if I'm going to wear a belt holster, I have a dozen pistols I like better for that anyway.  Compared to the P365, I thought the trigger reach was a bit excessive, as was the recoil. 

I liked the sights, they were quick to pick up and I could shoot it as accurately as the P365.   However, it was not for me and I moved it along quickly. 

It would be a strong contender if you're going to holster it and want something as small as possible.

I shot my Hellcat again a few weeks ago hoping for a better experience. Still had the slide lock back on me a few times. Recoil is ridiculous. It also left a blister on my shooting finger. I've never had a pistol do that after 100 rounds. 

I hate this gun. I swore I was done selling anymore firearms but I'm seriously considering it. 

19 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I'm ready to try a dot but I'm going to copy you and get something from Shadow Systems. I got to handle and dry fire one recently and I'm really impressed. I just need to pick a model. 

• Like 1