Sig P322

Chucktshoes

Man I am just really skeptical of Sig quality. I love my Sig MPX but it is my most expensive gun and also the least reliable. They seem to cut corners on really important parts. My firing pin broke after maybe 1500 rounds. Probably closer to 1000. 

At least their customer service is great. I just don't see myself buying more Sig products when we have so many other options in every category. 

I do love the older Sig pistols that were still made in Germany. I'd like to have one someday. 

• Like 1

I just saw that (not that particular video, but another one) and I'm excited. But:

1)threaded barrel ADAPTER (like the standard TX22) 

2) dryfire safe (like the TX22) 

At MSRP of ~$400 (a bit higher than the TX22) 😛 so I feel like they're trying to catch up to the tx22. The p322 magazine capacity is a bit higher but I'm a little leery of any brand new Sigs at this point.

I have the standard tx22, which eats everything (there's only been 1 malfunction in 1600 rds), and I *just* bought the TX22 Competition SCR so I'll wait until all of the bugs have been worked out with this new Sig before considering buying it. 

• Administrator

Whenever a manufacturer releases a .22LR version of one of their popular platforms, they are marketing it as an affordable option for range time toward people who already own their popular platform.  If someone outside of that ecosystem buys one, or if it sways someone to that ecosystem from another, it's probably just a bonus.

This gun was designed with the P320 \ P365 owner in mind, first and foremost, if I had to guess.

• Like 3

Man, I really love my Taurus TX22, but this looks like the Bees Knees, with the standard removeable OSB plate, higher capacity and fiber optic sights! I cannot put a reddot on my TX22.  But that beast will run!  I don't see myself trading it in anytime soon.  As of now, there is no other .22 I'd rather have, that's available on the market, than the TX22.

I'll be interested in what 365 owners think of the 322 as a proxy practice gun. I have had the 365 on my want list after getting to try one out soon after they came out. If the 322 is a good match I may have two on my list instead of one. Maybe I can find a package deal 🙂

8 hours ago, TGO David said:

This gun was designed with the P320 \ P365 owner in mind, first and foremost, if I had to guess.

I agree! My wife's EDC since July is the 365 XL w/the RomeoZero - when I saw this I sent her a link & pics for that very reason. LOL

• Like 1
On 3/22/2022 at 11:30 AM, TGO David said:

Whenever a manufacturer releases a .22LR version of one of their popular platforms, they are marketing it as an affordable option for range time toward people who already own their popular platform.  If someone outside of that ecosystem buys one, or if it sways someone to that ecosystem from another, it's probably just a bonus.

I have been trying to obtain the FN 520 Tactical .22 to practice with hoping with the high cost of ammo these days I could shoot with the same feel of my 509 tactical. I had my card out to purchase one at Sportman's Warehouse but it had a couple of flaws out of the box upon inspection before I completed the purchase and they had to send it back to FN. I am now looking for the Sig instead because of the higher capacity and lower price. I can use it to train for my Sig 365 XL instead. I have lots of .22 ammo to burn through so I can save my 9mm to use sparingly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snaveba said:

The MPA (minimum advertised price) is listed as $399. The only price I have seen on-line so far is over $500. 🤬

Seems like there is always a fair amount of rape going on when it is a new fangled pop gun-

• Like 1

I'll echo what most people have said:

I love Sig stuff.  I carried a P229 for a long time. I've bought a lot of their stuff straight after they release it in the last few years and it's been very underwhelming, with either "new" versions coming out shortly after (MCX) or recalls (P320, Cross, P365).  I think the Cross was the most disappointing to me as it felt like the thing was put together by a blind chinchilla.  Their custom service is great, but if they would get their guns right out the door then it would be less for them to deal with on the back end.

All that being said, I've been wanting a new .22 pistol and this thing has quickly become high on my list, but it will be awhile before I get one as I'll wait until after the recall.

• Haha 1