Sig 365xl question

So looking for a leather owb holster   Looking at craft holsters  has anyone used these I have always used galco  but I cannot find one that fits this gun  thanks    Also any other upgrades you have done 

Edited by Sleep profit

Sig Sauer factory store also has leather OWB made by I believe Mitch Rosen for around $75.00-

Rosen holsters are quality leather no doubt-

In the $150.00 range Ritchie Leather also makes a very nice OWB which snaps on-

Ritchie Holsters are sold by Top Gun Supply-both are in stock-

IMG_20220311_101647979.jpg

IMG_20210808_124255752.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, krunchnik said:

Sig Sauer factory store also has leather OWB made by I believe Mitch Rosen for around $75.00-

Rosen holsters are quality leather no doubt-

In the $150.00 range Ritchie Leather also makes a very nice OWB which snaps on-

Ritchie Holsters are sold by Top Gun Supply-both are in stock-

IMG_20220311_101647979.jpg

IMG_20210808_124255752.jpg

11 hours ago, aknifemaker said:

I have several holsters by RGrizzle a maker out of Georgia, very nice work. This is a 365, but he shows the XL on his web site.

I had to send mine back to Sig when I got it (would not feed hollow points reliably). Runs like a champ now, no issues.

IMG_1686.jpg

Nice holster  took 365 to range today shot great seemed to shoot low for me will have to get used to sights did not run any hollow points need to check that next trip 

Think I got it figured out why it was shooting low I am used to a center hold. I read it took a combat hold      now I am on target   I have a Mitch Rosen holster coming  now  I. want to change  frame to a Wilson combat but have read a review that said mags. Would not lock in with out changing baseplates anyone know if this is correct thanks

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/28/2022 at 4:17 PM, Sleep profit said:

Think I got it figured out why it was shooting low I am used to a center hold. I read it took a combat hold      now I am on target   I have a Mitch Rosen holster coming  now  I. want to change  frame to a Wilson combat but have read a review that said mags. Would not lock in with out changing baseplates anyone know if this is correct thanks

My understanding is that changing to the Wilson Grip Module requires you to use the 17 round mags. I'm looking at the new Sig module for the 365XL. Not as snazzy looking, but can still use the 15 round mags with it.

8 hours ago, hipower said:

My understanding is that changing to the Wilson Grip Module requires you to use the 17 round mags. I'm looking at the new Sig module for the 365XL. Not as snazzy looking, but can still use the 15 round mags with it.

I don’t have the WC grip module, but I’ve researched it and it does not require the 17 rd mags.  It requires the same mags as the regular XL.  Not sure if WC is making the Macro  yet or not.  Didn’t see it on their site, but I’ve read somewhere that  they have one in development.

5 hours ago, Snaveba said:

This is true. I just swapped for the WC grip module and it uses my 12rnd mags just fine 

Great to know I will be ordering one    is the grip swap fairly easily done or do I need a gunsmith.  Ordered a mini olight. Valkyrie for 356 xl it does not fit    but have learned a streamlight TL6 will   I hope  thanks for good information 

Install the mag release that comes with the grip module on your preferred side

remove the slide assembly from the current pistol

push out the one pin at the back that holds the fire mechanism in place

pull out the fire mechanism and put it in the new grip module, reinstalling the retaining pin

put the slide assembly back on top of the new grip module 

insert the magazine 

Edited by Snaveba
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Defender said:

I don’t have the WC grip module, but I’ve researched it and it does not require the 17 rd mags.  It requires the same mags as the regular XL.  Not sure if WC is making the Macro  yet or not.  Didn’t see it on their site, but I’ve read somewhere that  they have one in development.

Well, this strange. The other day when I started looking at this, I googled the WC Grip exchange and got more places to look than I could go thru. But I swear that one said that the WC module xchange did require the 17s. Perhaps a misprint of info. But i did see that. I'll look later for the offending link.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Sleep profit said:

Great to know I will be ordering one    is the grip swap fairly easily done or do I need a gunsmith.  Ordered a mini olight. Valkyrie for 356 xl it does not fit    but have learned a streamlight TL6 will   I hope  thanks for good information 

I have the Wilson for the XL and yep, 12 rd mags, just like the Sig XL. My XL is my dedicated "nightstand gun", with an always on (lower setting) Holosun MRD with red circle-dot reticle. I also have a light / green laser combo that fits pretty well by an outfit called Nightstick, Nightstick TSM-13G. I keep the 15 rounder in it and a spare in reach. In another thread, I said it takes practice to use a MRD on a pistol at speed, but this is my "experimental" platform as far as that goes!

19 hours ago, hipower said:

Well, this strange. The other day when I started looking at this, I googled the WC Grip exchange and got more places to look than I could go thru. But I swear that one said that the WC module xchange did require the 17s. Perhaps a misprint of info. But i did see that. I'll look later for the offending link.

Ha!  If there’s one thing I hate, it’s a lying internet!

Well, I won't waste any more time looking. I've gone thru several pages of links and haven't found the one I saw yet. So let's just chalk it up to speed reading and misinterpretation. And yes...old eyes. But...I still think that's what I read in one of the reviews.

In any case, since it seems I can still use the original mags, I may just order one of the WC modules for it.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, hipower said:

Well, I won't waste any more time looking. I've gone thru several pages of links and haven't found the one I saw yet. So let's just chalk it up to speed reading and misinterpretation. And yes...old eyes. But...I still think that's what I read in one of the reviews.

In any case, since it seems I can still use the original mags, I may just order one of the WC modules for it.

HP - I'm going to guess you read some of the early threads that were speculating on what was to come. I found a lot of confusing and contradictory info when I started looking into the P365 this year. Most of the bad info tended to come from 2018 threads.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, hipower said:

Me too   Thankful for all the good information on this form 

4 hours ago, Smith said:

HP - I'm going to guess you read some of the early threads that were speculating on what was to come. I found a lot of confusing and contradictory info when I started looking into the P365 this year. Most of the bad info tended to come from 2018 threads.

That could be. I tend to sometimes forget to check dates on these searches...just what I caution Susan to d on FB. LOL. Guess it runs in the family.

Thanks for giving me an "out" on this. I hate that I passed along bad info, but worse yet...being wrong! LOL.