Budget 1911

swiley383

I bought a Springfield Range officer a few years back, beautiful stainless finish and a nice gun, even if the company sucks. This year I bought a Tisas and for half the price it's an awesome pistol. I did get one a little more tricked out than the GI version but I absolutely love it. Trigger is better than the Springfield and it has not malfunctioned once. They are a forged frame and slide plus it says Knoxville TN on the side 🙂    

• Like 1
22 hours ago, swiley383 said:

Hoping to hit up my local gun show this weekend and see what I can find. None of my local shops have had any 1911 that were not $800 plus range 

Yeah, that's what I see mostly too.  Kimbers for $800 range and so forth. Sometimes you'll see a RIA for around $450 or there abouts.

If you make it to Knoxville, hit up Harvey's. He usually has a selection of Tisas/SDS 1911a1s and some RIAs that start in the $400 range and go up from there.  That's where I bought my SDS U.S. Army Model.  He also has an auction site, where you can sometimes get a good deal.  I've bought several pistols from his auctions.  Two examples of great deals from that were my S&W 442 for $302 + tax and a CZ75B for $430+ tax.  Both were new. Some of them get crazy though, especially during the COVID panic.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, swiley383 said:

Well no Luck at the gun show. Did see a couple Tisan but prices seemed way high had some decent price on some Kimber LW but more than I had to spend. I will keep looking.

Short drive for you. We have a little pawn shop on Hwy 79 here in Dover. I was in there yesterday and they had a RIA 1911 in the case for $350ish. This was right at closing so should still be there on Monday when they open up. 

https://www.facebook.com/EZMONEYPAWNANDGUN/

• Like 1
2 hours ago, swiley383 said:

Going to check bass pro tomorrow see what they have 

You’re not likely to find anything in the “budget” range.  It’s all relative though. If you can afford want you want, then it’s in budget.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Jeff H said:

Any thoughts on the Auto Ordnance GI spec 1911's?  They are US made, reasonably priced, and from what I have read, reliable.  I don't hear much mentioned about them though.

Got a mid 70s(?) that shoots great. Don't think you'd go wrong with choosing one.

On 3/26/2022 at 1:17 PM, Moped said:

I have the SDS U.S. Army 1911a1, that’s made in Turkey. I’ve really enjoyed it. You should check it out. They run about $400.

I got very interested in this 1911 clone .. the more videos I watch about it .. the more I want one.  Now just to find one for sale somewhere ,..

• Like 1

I have had RIA 9mm that was a good, decent firearm. My current gun in that class is a 45 ACP ATI Commander clone. That gun is reliable and accurate. I understand these low end gun are no longer imported. This gun is tight and is better finished than my RIA gun Both are very good guns.

• Like 2