Budget 1911

swiley383

2 hours ago, Mowgli Terry said:

I have had RIA 9mm that was a good, decent firearm. My current gun in that class is a 45 ACP ATI Commander clone. That gun is reliable and accurate. I understand these low end gun are no longer imported. This gun is tight and is better finished than my RIA gun Both are very good guns.

My ATI shoots great. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot the Tisas 1911a1, and put about 60 rounds through it. Doesn't like 200 gr SWC at all. Had to do the old slide slap several times. Might have to seat a little deeper but, don't think that will help much. Probably have to get a different "clipazine". Shoots and feeds fine with 230 gr. FMJ and 230 gr. HP. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Quavodus said:

Shot the Tisas 1911a1, and put about 60 rounds through it. Doesn't like 200 gr SWC at all. Had to do the old slide slap several times. Might have to seat a little deeper but, don't think that will help much. Probably have to get a different "clipazine". Shoots and feeds fine with 230 gr. FMJ and 230 gr. HP. 

I’ve not shot hollow points through mine’ but the 230gr ball was good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a mag or two you can have depending where you're located. You'll love that Rock Island, I've owned a couple and shot plenty. From their 3.5" to their 5". They all shoot flawlessly, only thing I recommend changing is the barrel to a match grade.

I tried 6 o’clock then moved to 12. When I aimed for head shots I hit center of the target. Those loads shot great in my XD 45. When I get a chance I try some HP38 load I think I have some left some were and go from there. Of course bugs were eating me alive so I didn’t dig the factory loads out of the bottom of my bag to try those.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...