Arthritus

pop pop

Over the past 4 months I have developed much pain in my right pinkie finger. I mean really bad pain. I have been cutting and piling brush on my daughters horse farm and using a chain saw. I fell and put my right hand down to soften the impact. Thought, at first, I had hyper extended the pinky on my right hand, during the fall, but it has gotten much worse. About a month ago I started having pain, which has gotten progressively worse in my left hand pinkie finger just like the right pinkie finger. I did not put my left hand down in the fall. Lots of pinkie here!

Since it has appeared in the left hand, now, my thoughts are it is arthritis. Will see my Dr in 2 months and have him have a lookie see. You guys ever had anything like this?

I mean the brush clearing with the chain saw really aggravates it and the pain level go through the roof for about 3 days. I have been using Aspercreme with Lidocaine, and it helps. The pain persist even when I am not cutting brush now for a prolonged period of time.

It has affected my pistol grip and the pain flares during recoil. Lots of pain. I am having to fight flinching, which I have never had a problem with before now. The 357 full power is rough.

Edited to add; the right pinkie swells when the pain flares also. Haven't notices the swelling in my left hand so far nor is the pain as bad, YET.  

Edited by pop pop

If its not related to a cervical injury and a true form of arthritis , reduce your intake of foods high in purines.  This typically  helps with gout type arthritis but may do you some good even if it's not gout.  Also try black cherries, pineapple for bromelin and fish oil for the inflammation if you don't want to use a lot of NSAIDs.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have not chain sawed for 3 days now and the pain and swelling has gone down, somewhat, but not gone completely. Right hand is worse than the left. One guy told me to try Frankincense cream yesterday. Like the idea about the frankincense. My wife said we can purchase the Frankincense "concentrate" from our local health foods store.

I have taken the Apple  Sider vinegar, two tablespoons per day, and not helped. I am on Meloxicam and Gabapentin and have been for years for diabetic neuropathy pain in hands and feet/legs. Also on a low dose aspirin for blood thinning for the heart disease. 

I do have neck compression and have had surgery twice and have 4 vertebra, out of the 7, fused. 

This pain has started in the last 3 months and steadily gotten worse. The ointment I am using now Aspercreme/Lidocaine is helping a little.  Just might venture to the Health foods store today. Again thanks. I am game for any thing. 

I have a touch of arthritis in my hands. The middle finger on my right hand won't close all the way because of it. Therefore I can no longer shoot Colt/Ruger style single action revolvers. The back of the trigger guard pounds that middle knuckle to the point that I'll be bleeding in just one cylinder full. 🤬