having trouble finding a SUB-CQB

jimmylogan

Hey fellow gun owners... There's a question at the end, but for the sake of discussion, I have a bit more to type - LOL

Also - I ran this by the boss <g> and he said it was okay to post...

Anyway, a few years ago our youngest son brought his newest toy over - a SUB-2000 Keltec in 9mm. My wife loved it, and we started looking... Found her one in Dickson, so we made the trip.

I decided I wanted one too, as a 'truck gun,' and started looking. Stumbled on one AND ONLY ONE in stock at GT Distributors, so I ordered it. Then our son bought a .40 cal version - LOL

Anyway, they (Keltec) have announced the SUB-CQB version! It has an integrated suppressor! And now my wife wants one - LOL. I've been unable to find one in stock... I know she'd have extra paperwork, and that's okay, and there'd be a delay, and that's okay (she's female, so not the most patient person, but she knows it's not 'instant'), but right now I'd just like to find one. 馃檪

Anybody seen one out there? Or can point me in the proper place?

Much obliged!!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SUB-CQB is hard to find... even online.聽 Only 2 vendors showed up in my brief search as having them "in-stock".聽 Please note that I've not bought anything from either vendor, so this is not a recommendation of them:

https://store.thegundock.com/product/keltec-sub-cqb-9mm-for-glk19-blk

https://whiskeyoutpostmn.com/product/keltec-sub-cqb-9mm-for-glk19-blk

I'd check with my preferred local gun shop to see if they can order you one.聽 The local dealer here charges a premium for Class 3 FFL transfers.

7 hours ago, billmeek said:

I'd check with my preferred local gun shop to see if they can order you one.聽 The local dealer here charges a premium for Class 3 FFL transfers.

Will check those out - much obliged!

Yeah, went to my favorite store (the one in Brownsville) first - he's a Class III and can do the paperwork for the NFA as well (he's trying to get set up for the electronic forms), but he doesn't show one available from his distributor, so of course it falls on me to look for one. LOL

That being said, he promised to talk to his contacts and see what he can do, but if I can find one first, etc.

Seems like most KELTEC Models are almost non-obtainium.聽 They have some really cool designs, but it seems like they make a small number and then move on to another project.聽

I've had a couple of KELTEC pistols and have had mixed results. I love their little P32. Absolutely hated the PF9 though. Looked like a great idea, but they seem to have cut a lot of corners with.聽 The one I had, had such violent recoil, that after the first couple of magazines, the mag release started release the mag after a couple of shots.聽 I tried repositioning my grip, thinking that was what was happening, but nothing worked.聽 Took it home and the steel magazine had shaved off the plastic magazine release, KELTEC shipped me another plastic magazine release.聽 I replaced the old one with the new one and traded the pistol off.

6 hours ago, Moped said:

Seems like most KELTEC Models are almost non-obtainium.聽 They have some really cool designs, but it seems like they make a small number and then move on to another project.聽

I've had a couple of KELTEC pistols and have had mixed results. I love their little P32. Absolutely hated the PF9 though. Looked like a great idea, but they seem to have cut a lot of corners with.聽 The one I had, had such violent recoil, that after the first couple of magazines, the mag release started release the mag after a couple of shots.聽 I tried repositioning my grip, thinking that was what was happening, but nothing worked.聽 Took it home and the steel magazine had shaved off the plastic magazine release, KELTEC shipped me another plastic magazine release.聽 I replaced the old one with the new one and traded the pistol off.

Designs - oh yeah! No doubt there!

We had a period of years where my wife would get a KelTec every year around her birthday. 馃檪 Started out with a 9mm (P17 maybe? Been several years ago...) The next year she got a P32 for a 'boot gun' or backup. Then a year or two later they came out with the P3AT, so... yep - she had to have it too! LOL

She got her .40 Shield and gave me the 9 for a carry. When I got my .40 (since I loved the way hers shot) she gave the 9 to our oldest son. She eventually found a Ruger LCP II in .380 and gave the KelTec to our OTHER son. 馃檪

I was THIS close to聽buying a PMR a few months ago, but wanted to shoot one first. A guy at church has one but hasn't shot it much, so I brought the ammo and he brought the gun and we shot some after church one night. I liked it - a lot - but not enough to spend $400 on... Didn't think I'd get that much fun out of it. 馃檪

Oh - she and I each have a SUB-2000 9mm that we VERY much enjoy. 馃檪