Any SA-35 sightings?

Choatecav

6 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I held one in my hands over at Cypress Creek Outdoors in Dyersburg a few weeks back. So they’re out there, just not in great numbers. 

Please share your thoughts on the specimen you examined.

• Like 1

What I don't quite get is when you go to GunBroker, all of these vendors have them to sell.  How do they get them when no one else can find them?

Guess that sounds naive but I suppose they are better connected to the first ones off the line.

47 minutes ago, Choatecav said:

What I don't quite get is when you go to GunBroker, all of these vendors have them to sell.  How do they get them when no one else can find them?

Guess that sounds naive but I suppose they are better connected to the first ones off the line.

They are also usually over retail, so if they are holding out for RETAIL-PLUS they are not selling as fast.

That's my VERY uninformed, outside the industry take...

There is one at GT Distributors which is their display and they will not sell.They also have a Vickers Master Class they won’t sell either.Back to the SA35,I fondled it and my take is the grips are nice,the matte finish looks like it will wear quickly which is great for those that like the “battle worn” look,the sights are good and the thumb safety moves much too easily,no snap or detent to it.My take is it’s an enhanced BHP clone,if that’s your thing it will give you a rise.

Edited by et45
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, et45 said:

You’re welcome.I started to buy it but I’ve climbed that Hi Power tree a couple times already.

I did not get to say much as we were late in leaving for a dinner date with another couple in Clarksville (we live between Dickson and Charlotte) but I had gotten ready and just dropped in to check the forum, when I saw your comment.  I immediately called Outpost and they confirmed that there was one left.  I asked if I could buy over the phone and since I had bought guns there in past, they had my info and said yes and I could fill out the back ground check when I come to pick it up.  So, it is all secured and "wrapped up with a bow" and I hope to get down to the "Boro" first of next week to get it.  

I really do appreciate the heads up as this is the first pistol I really have been "Jonesin'" for in a couple of years.  I have a ton of stuff and lots of the "newest, biggest, baddest" stuff doesn't get me very juiced up anymore but the Hi Power is a classic and one that I have never owned but  wanted to.  This SA clone seems to be a pretty solid reproduction.

This is a perfect example of this forum allowing the membership to help one another out and I want to thank you again for the tip..............

• Like 3
2 hours ago, DasVidaniya said:

From your response I'm guessing you ain't an FN fan.

Please elaborate.

I have no problem with FN per se, I'm just not interested in a "reimagining" of the original Hi-Power.  Their new High Power is in fact a redesign that just looks like a Hi-Power.  Even the name gives it away, as well as FN's own admission.

The SA-35 basically a clone of the original, with a couple of improvements, like no mag disconnect and redesigned hammer profile to reduce bite.  It is far truer to the original design, and is what I am more interested in.  Plus, it's nearly half the MSRP of the FN.

Edited by Garufa
hammer not trigger
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

Garufa is dead on. No matter what FN chooses to name their new pistol, its NOT a Hi-Power.  it something completely different with a classic, but mis-leading, name. 💩

Y'all are correct and the departure from the original BHP was why I wanted the SA-35;

Anyway, I went to Murfreesboro this afternoon and picked it up.  Picture is below.

Feels very good in the hand and I love the trigger (less than 4 lbs).  Hope to shoot it early next week.

SA 35 Hi Power c.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
44 minutes ago, Choatecav said:

Y'all are correct and the departure from the original BHP was why I wanted the SA-35;

Anyway, I went to Murfreesboro this afternoon and picked it up.  Picture is below.

Feels very good in the hand and I love the trigger (less than 4 lbs).  Hope to shoot it early next week.

SA 35 Hi Power c.jpg

That’s a good looking pistol!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...