Best place to get 45 and 9mm

I didnt realize how low I was on 45. What is the best place that wont require an arm and a leg for ammo? Same thing for 9mm too. Its been a long time and I dont know what "normal" prices are anymore.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, RC3 said:

I didnt realize how low I was on 45. What is the best place that wont require an arm and a leg for ammo? Same thing for 9mm too. Its been a long time and I dont know what "normal" prices are anymore.

I don't actively search for 45, so I can't help you there, but I'm always on the lookout for 9mm, since we have several...

Usually, Academy, if you have a credit card, beats most other places... You get free shipping and you save 5% on the order. I do that and just pay it in full every month, so I'm actually saving the money. LOL

One of the local stores has 9mm for 19.95 - save a little by buying 1000 rounds at a time. If you're low, that's not a bad price at all, but that's in Dyersburg...

What are you looking to pay?

4 hours ago, jimmylogan said:

I don't actively search for 45, so I can't help you there, but I'm always on the lookout for 9mm, since we have several...

Usually, Academy, if you have a credit card, beats most other places... You get free shipping and you save 5% on the order. I do that and just pay it in full every month, so I'm actually saving the money. LOL

One of the local stores has 9mm for 19.95 - save a little by buying 1000 rounds at a time. If you're low, that's not a bad price at all, but that's in Dyersburg...

What are you looking to pay?

Cheap as possible. Just range ammo.

$17ish a box is the lowest I’ve seen for 9mm but that’s aluminum case. That’s probably somewhere around 40 cents a round after tax. I’d pay the upcharge for brass if it were me and save it. Good time to buy a reloading press as well. I see people dumping them for multiple reasons. MAYBE I / we will get another shot at stacking components deep. 

Right now there is no "best place". Prices and  availability change on a daily basis. Sometimes hourly. It depends on who gets what, when and how long it lasts. When good deals do pop up, they're usually sold out before you can get to them. ☹️

Right now, ammo shopping is by the Bible method. Seek and (hopefully) ye shall find. 😁

• Like 1
4 hours ago, maroonandwhite said:

Good time to buy a reloading press as well. I see people dumping them for multiple reasons. MAYBE I / we will get another shot at stacking components deep. 

One of my sons has mentioned doing some loading... I figure powder and primers are so hard to find and expensive when you do that it's not worth it other than as a hobby...

2 hours ago, jimmylogan said:

One of my sons has mentioned doing some loading... I figure powder and primers are so hard to find and expensive when you do that it's not worth it other than as a hobby...

If you find a decent deal on whatever reloading equipment you're considering, don't pass it up.  Component availability always improves eventually, and you can pick up equipment and the rest as it comes available.  Just don't have a short term memory, and stock up when you can ...

12 hours ago, No_0ne said:

If you find a decent deal on whatever reloading equipment you're considering, don't pass it up.  Component availability always improves eventually, and you can pick up equipment and the rest as it comes available.  Just don't have a short term memory, and stock up when you can ...

Thanks for the tip!

As I get older it is, again, something I wouldn't mind checking into as a hobby... Not that I need another one, LOL, but if it's something I can do with my son! You know how family time is... 🙂

Get on the Natchez mailing list. They've been doing "Flash" sales every week or two where you can get a case of 9mm for $300 - $335 plus tax with free shipping. I've gotten a couple cases of Aluminum Blazer for about $340 total. They ship Fedex Ground and it usually gets here (Middle TN) in a day.

17 hours ago, Fourtyfive said:

I thought Natchez did not ship to anyone in Tennessee, that has changed ?

That used to be the case, but they do now. I talked to their customer service at one point and they indicated it was an artifact of the no sales tax for out-of-state sales era - not shipping to Tennessee  and Georgia meant they didn't have to deal with sales tax at all.

Have not seen a great deal of movement in the price of 9mm ammo recently.  Seems to hover between 18-20 per box of 50 for jacketed round nose range stuff.  There are a variety of different brands available now.   Availability and variety of JHP has increased in the past few months.  Some JHP almost seems reasonably priced again...almost.

Have not purchased 45 acp in many many moons.  For a while it was unobtainable, but now seems readily available at about 30 per fifty of jacketed round nose range stuff.  Not sure what JHP is out there.

You might save a buck or two per box by looking around or finding a deal on a off brand, However, if you are thinking of waiting to buy hoping the prices will drop, it may not work out.  

There is no reason for prices to go down due to supply issues. < That is my opinion.

edit:  that includes prices of primers

Edited by JustEd