Carry History

JHP45

I started with an AMT 380 way back when, it’s been retired for 20+ years now.  Then I didn’t carry for a while.  When I started carrying again it was an LCP 1, Sig P238, M&P 2.0 Compacts 9mm/40,Sig P365,Springfield Hellcat and now an LCP Max.  

• Like 1
On 6/12/2022 at 5:52 PM, bduncan1231 said:

I started with an AMT 380 way back when, it’s been retired for 20+ years now.  Then I didn’t carry for a while.  When I started carrying again it was an LCP 1, Sig P238, M&P 2.0 Compacts 9mm/40,Sig P365,Springfield Hellcat and now an LCP Max.  

How do you like the LCP Max? That's what I'm thinking of.

I carry the LCP Maxx a lot and love it.  As @bduncan1231said is is a little bit thicker in the grip, but that helps with felt recoil. So far it's been flawless with 95Gr FMJ and 80Gr CuHPs. And it's very accurate.  For such a little pistol, the sights are fantastic.  I have zero issues picking up the from sight.  And I love that he has the NS installed on the front!  Great featuire!!!

The there are a couple of things that have bugged me about the LCP Maxx. One is there is a bit of trigger bite, from the trigger safety.  I tends to pinch the pad of my shooting finger, during recoil. Changing to the above mentioned trigger, might solve that issue.

The other thing is I use a thin leather IWB holster made by Targa and I have had the mag release accidently activated, while the pistol was in the holster. I think the mag release sticks out just a bit too far. The mag doesn't pop out all the way, but it does release enough that the pistol wouldn't fire a second round.  So I do occasionally check the mag to make sure that it is seated properly.  I am thinking of using a grip sleeve to see if that might protect the mag release button. If that doesn't seem to stop the issue, I may try a different holster. It's only happened a couple of times, since I started carrying it back in August of 21. 

For holsters, besides the above mentioned Targa, I use a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster and a kydex OWB holster, that I got off Amazon.  

• Like 1

I've carried a lot, but 3 pretty consistently, 1911>LC9>Glock 26. I keep trying other things, but I really can't steer away from the 26, for me its the perfect in terms of portability, shootability, capacity, and modularity (in terms of magazines).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My first was a Kimber Pro Carry2 for about 6 months (also first new handgun purchased). Traded that for a Glock 19 which was carried for a year or so then a Gen 3 G26 became my main carry for 10 years till I got a Gen 4 G26 which I still carry to this day. Been carrying 20+ years......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...