AR45 feedback appreciated

FireMedic

'afternoon.

I am contemplating getting an AR chambered in 45 acp with a roughly 8" barrel. My first thought was to look for Aero's EPC but that has not released yet and according to their agent on the phone will not for some time yet. I am not in a rush, but would like to get something before the BATF makes whatever move they eventually make in August. I considered the CMMG but I'm a little hesitant to spend 1,500 on this gun (I'd rather be in the 700-1000 range). I see there are a couple other manufacturers such as Moriarty, PSA, Macon and New frontier. I am familiar with PSA but the others I have never heard of. I was hoping some of you fine folks would be willing to share your experience to help point me in one direction or another. 

Appreciate the expertise

for the love of 45acp I’ve spent some time on this. I go back to cmmg for radial blowback to meditate recoil and bcg weights for tuning with ability to run 45acp to heavy 45 super loads.  Plus b&t ghm45 doesn’t have Glock mag option.  Have 6.6” barrel pistols so never pulled trigger because it would be a toy; another at caliber would be choice for serious work. There is a non braced 1.2k cmmg option, add your own.   If you’re considering for serious work consider a short barrel rifle caliber in ar because you can throw similar lead with less recoil,  less gas in face and close ammo costs at todays price then a 45acp blowback. 

I wouldn’t make any decision based on August. If you’re a brace person buy a brace before then and add to whatever. Expecting a grandfather clause is silly these days. They’ll make felons out of people with the rule or expect build to adhere to tally sheet limiting options.  Learn to cheek weld and forget the brace. 

don’t let my comments ruin your fun. sharing my conclusion on a serious want I’ve sidestepped for a while. 

• Like 1