Pistol Targets

pop pop

I purchased 6 pistol targets and the handy plate rack hardware so I can hang the plates side by side on my range. I believe their 6" plates with hangers that slide on a 2X4 with attachments to slide on the 2X for legs to hold them up. Always wanted some. These are spring mounted plates so it suppose to hold down bullet splatter. Should be a nice addition to my back yard range.

These plates came from Shoot Steel and suppose to take a steady diet of low mag handguns up to 44 mag. The 460 and 500 cal are out. Been shooting a bit as of late.

Edited to add; Hope it quits raining so I can get them on the range. Raining like a cow _____ on a flat rock here this morning.

Pop Pop
Edited by pop pop
  • Like 1

Went to Home Depot and got my rigid conduit legs for the target rack. I stood there and watched the guy measure and mark the pipe then saw it on their electric cutter. Told him the pipe was 10' long, and cut  me 4 pieces that are  2 1/2 feet long (adds up to 10 ft, right). Got home and not one pipe is the same length as the other. GOOD HELP!  How can someone be so sorry????? Guy had a pin on his vest that said he had been an H D employee for years. 

• Sad 1

Got my new pistol rack up on the range(6, 6" steel targets on a 2X4 spring mounted). Went out and shot 80 rounds of 22 LR and shot the ammo out of my EDC 357 Mag so I could put fresh ammo in it. Neither did not harm the targets but the Cor Bon copper left a big mark. Also moved the spring loaded target quiet a bit. "BIG DING" off the steel sounds sweet from the Magnum. Do that about every 4-6 months so the 357 Cor Bon DPX stays fresh. Trying to go out and practice ever 3 weeks now that the weather is better. I used my SW mdl 317 8 shot revolver and my Taurus 7 shot 38/357 7 shot snubbie. Got rained out and had to come in. Felt good, cloudy 74 no wind. I could have gone a bit longer if not for the rain.

Don't know how to do pics Grayfox54. My range is not too special just a big dirt pile, 20' wide X 6' tall, and  and a bunch of steel gongs and B 27 target racks. I can get 100 yards for rifles, but just 3 of my steel targets are for heavy rifles. I have a shooting table and chair out there and usually shoot my handguns at 21 to 30 feet off hand. I don't like to shoot the steel closer than 21' because of danger of bullet splatter although my targets are spring mounted or mounted on angles to direct the splatter into the ground and not back at the shooter. 

I am just glad I can still shoot at my house. I have close neighbors, but am courteous and don't fire early mornings (after 9AM) or late (after7PM) in summer. I hear a lot of shooting around my neighborhood. I am 8 miles from MTSU and 5 miles from the city limits. We have 3 acers.