Scams on buying powder now!

I saw that Powder Valley has some Retumbo listed, but by the time I clicked on the "add it to my cart" button it was gone, darn it. So I did a quick internet search and found it for sale at "normal" prices at a couple of sites. I'm pretty sure both are scams. One wants to be payed using Zelle, then email them a copy of the transfer and they will send the powder. Riggghhhht! The other just looked hinky to me.  I guess with 8 pounds of powder running over $250 it's worth setting up a scam, but MAN I hate that!

OK, vent completed.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MikeW said:

I'm set on powder but I'd feel more comfortable if I had more primers

I need some Retumbo or H1000, but otherwise I feel pretty good about my powder stores. And like you, I would be more comfortable with a few thousand more primers.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Darrell said:

I need some Retumbo or H1000, but otherwise I feel pretty good about my powder stores. And like you, I would be more comfortable with a few thousand more primers.

Have any large rifle magnum primers that you'd trade for Retumbo?

3 hours ago, MikeW said:

Have any large rifle magnum primers that you'd trade for Retumbo?

No, sorry. I'm not in desperate straights for powder.... yet.... and it appears that primers are tougher to find. Thanks, though!

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

It's $56, but if you have to have it.

It's $50 a pound on the Hodgdon site, but good luck finding it there.  And $330 for eight pounds.  I'd be pretty pleased to find an 8 pound jug at about $330 right now! Powder Valley lists it (out of stock) at $41 pound and $287 for 8#. So maybe $56 isn't so terrible if, as Quovodus says, "you have to have it," 

1 hour ago, Darrell said:

It's $50 a pound on the Hodgdon site, but good luck finding it there.  And $330 for eight pounds.  I'd be pretty pleased to find an 8 pound jug at about $330 right now! Powder Valley lists it (out of stock) at $41 pound and $287 for 8#. So maybe $56 isn't so terrible if, as Quovodus says, "you have to have it," 

Dealers are:

A: putting a high price on reloading supplies.

B: holding reloading supplies in the back and limiting how much you can take.

It sucks, but it is what it is. Pay $200 per lb/per 1k primers on gunbroker or pay 60% in house. I'm lucky enough to have what I need and most of what I want. At the moment, I want one more lb of Varget. I have enough to load 470 rounds now. I want to load 500 or my head will explode. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Quavodus said:

Like WC-860 or WC-872.

I'm loading for a  338 Lapua.  I really like Retumbo for this cartridge, and a second choice is H-1000. I've also used Magpro, which is pretty good powder, too. I've not seen any data for military pull-down (or surplus) powder for the Lapua, but it may be out there, and expect that WC860 would work okay.