I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter Sunday…Resurrection Sunday!!!

I’ve just came in from looking at a spectacularly beautiful moon on this cool night and it just give me the chills. I thought of how silent that night was when the Lord lay in that old stone cold, borrowed tomb…His pierced body lay there just biding the time until He took it up again - and looking up tonight at that big bright moon I wondered if ol Satan was celebrating, truly believing that he had actually won, and did he hold that title deed to the Earth up and shake it in defiance? ……….

Tsk tsk tsk! That pride, that fallen, wicked pride! After the pride…then the fall! 

Boys, when that sun rises this morning, I’ll be waiting for it! Wooo I’ll be waiting for it! Oh brothers y’all KNOW Jesus was a waitin for it! That stone was rolled away and He come on up outta there! Oh Death! Where IS thy sting!? VICTORY! VICTORY! 

Who is worthy to take the scroll, to break the seven seals on the title deed to the Earth???

The Book of The Revelation of Jesus Christ answers this in Chapter 5 (aka “Rev-layshuns Five” to us hillbillies); Rev 5, v1-14

Read it and weep! I sure did…still weepin over what I read in that teeny chapter! Tears of joy!

Old Scratch will be weepin too, after that scene, oh but them tears are gonna be bitter tears of anguish and resentment. He thought that he could rise above the Uncreated One and he failed. Good.

Come up the sun! It’s Resurrection Sunday today and I feel like shouting to the mountains, and since they’re in my back yard, heck why not?

I’m new here to the site and I’ma trying to get my posting in so I can be an active member/contributor because I’ve got a bunch of ammunition and some guns that I’m going to hafta part with, much to my utter chagrin I might add. I make no apologies for what I’ve written, because it’s what I believe and it’s what I have written on my heart - corrupt, blackened, and shriveled cholesterol pump that it is!

My heart. Mine. This old boy! I’m not trying to tell anyone what they have to have in their own heart because that is your prerogative. If what I just wrote offends you, well, feel free to flame me, but it won’t do you a bit of good (plus I might not sell you some of my reasonably priced pew pew, either) because I’m not going to engage in any back-and-forth…I just ain’t gonna. We’re Tennesseans here and we should all no better’n that kinda foolishness no how. I just wanted to share how I was feeling with my new friends and now I’ve done that. 

Whatever this very special day means to y’all, I sincerely hope that you have a wonderful time of it…maybe it’s with your family, your friends, your pets, but however, what ever, and with whom ever - I just want to wish everyone that EVER reads this (even if it’s deleted after one read by a moderator): to YOU I say Happy Easter! I hope that it’s a wonderful day, a safe day, and a special day! I hope it’s just the greatest and I mean that.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

@iplaycardswithjdshellnutThank you for your words of encouragement; Christians are welcome here.

I perceive Satan continues to attack us, because as a liar, he can't believe the truth of the Resurrection.

While He died for all, I know His sacrifice and precious blood washes away my sin and shame, throws open the gates of Heaven and makes me acceptable to a holy, righteous and ever- loving God.

It seems the plan along is to get us back into Heaven to spend eternity with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

See you there!

Edited by A.J. Holst
  • Like 1

The Stone that the builders rejected….

‘The Lion of the Tribe of Judah…

The Root of David…

The Word of God…

- Thank you so much! It’s wonderful indeed to read y’all’s words this morning and I just thank you so much. I know beyond doubt that there will always be those here that have yet to bend the knee to Baal…and what an encouragement that is to hear today!

Oh Happy Day!!!

Edited by iplaycardswithjdshellnut
misspelled “hear” (heart)
  • Love 1

Fellas I just can’t explain to y’all just how much I’ve enjoyed checking in throughout today, Resurrection Sunday, and reading these great replies…and, speaking as someone who spent two decades reading posts but never speaking, I know that there will have been many others who will have received edification simply by reading what’s been posted by you others! I sincerely thank you as I have truly received a rich, rich blessing from you; I needed it so very badly. Bless y’all!

Those fellers who left Scripture for us, I thank you especially as God clearly told us that His Word never returns to Him null and void (excuse my paraphrasing), and that’s something that literally has my arm hairs standing straight up right now; that’s POWER, brothers!

I honestly hope that everyone had a great and wonderful Easter, and, though we go back to the old salt mine tomorrow, it’s my genuine desire that the joy of this glorious day energizes us all as we labor on through the week. 

I truly feel like I’m going to end up with some good friends for life here among my like-minded fellow Tennesseans…y’all have a great week!

• Like 2

I didn't see this yesterday or I would have commented. Thanks to OP for your post. I know you didn't just join, but welcome to the site anyways. And resurrection Sunday is the brightest day of the year, no doubt. Jesus is King, Savior, Waymaker and to think that we as sinful mortal men can become a brother to Jesus and be rewarded as his kinfolk. Only if we believe that He is the Son of God, born of a virgin, died on that cross at Calvary and arose from that grave 3 days later. This isn't in the Bible, just my take on things. When each person dies, God will be interested in 1 question more than any other. What did you do with my son Jesus? You either accepted Him as Lord and Master, or you rejected Him. It is just that plain to me. I always try to tell people that you have to decide on this side of eternity, where you plan on spending all of eternity, because once you cross over that line, there will be no 2nd chances to change your mind.

• Love 1