Who puts on the biggest Gun Show within two hours of Crossville?

Since moving to TN in December, I've noticed that I can nearly find some sort of Gun Show within driving distance almost every weekend. Within a couple of hours (give or take) of Crossville, which shows are generally the biggest ones to go to? I've rolled up on some nice smaller ones and met some decent folks there, but who has the 1000+ table shows nearby?

12 minutes ago, OMCHamlin said:

Since moving to TN in December, I've noticed that I can nearly find some sort of Gun Show within driving distance almost every weekend. Within a couple of hours (give or take) of Crossville, which shows are generally the biggest ones to go to? I've rolled up on some nice smaller ones and met some decent folks there, but who has the 1000+ table shows nearby?

Biggest show my way is the Knoxville expo show which promotes itself as a 500 table show but usually is somewhere around 400 tables (NOT vendors) 

A 1000 table show doesn't exist within 2 hours of Crossville, or at least not that im aware of. Closest 1000 table show would probably be Kentucky expo show once or twice a year. Or maybe a larger show to the south of us (AL or GA)

• Like 1

From what I remember from back when I actually went to gunshows in Tennessee, if you do find one with 1000 tables half of them will be filled with camo, cheap trinkets, clothing items, jerky and that obnoxious bug zapper person ...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

From what I remember from back when I actually went to gunshows in Tennessee, if you do find one with 1000 tables half of them will be filled with camo, cheap trinkets, clothing items, jerky and that obnoxious bug zapper person ...

Total number of tables is irrelevant, still gonna have half of it occupied by flea market wares.  Knoxville shows have the bonus of massage therapists and gutter guard peddlers, lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

Total number of tables is irrelevant, still gonna have half of it occupied by flea market wares.  Knoxville shows have the bonus of massage therapists and gutter guard peddlers, lol.

Wait, are you telling me for one admission stamp, I can get a new Taurus G3, NOT have to climb ladders anymore AND a happy...

well, never mind...

11 hours ago, No_0ne said:

obnoxious bug zapper person ...

8 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Someone is going to punch that dude in the face one day and take his zapper. 

I just wish it would back fire on them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Plus 1 for the Louisville Show. Always meant to go, but just never got around to it. Now the drive and all the walking would about kill me. But have been told by attendees that it's one of the better shows in the South. YMMV

It would bother me not to be able to buy/sell there not being a KY resident. So that sorta takes the rush to go away.

Edited by hipower

If you can arrange it with a local FFL, you can buy out of state and have the gun shipped to them so they can transfer to you. Kinda a PITA for both you and the FFL. Most won't bother, but a few will. 

And then there's the good old C&R for older guns. 😉 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

If you can arrange it with a local FFL, you can buy out of state and have the gun shipped to them so they can transfer to you. Kinda a PITA for both you and the FFL. Most won't bother, but a few will. 

And then there's the good old C&R for older guns. 😉 

True. On both counts. Did it once. PITA is a very appropriate description of the process back then. Maybe better now?