Closed for Now - WTB Colt Decommissioned M45A1 CQBP USMC 1911

Thanks 👍 

I am in the Facebook group and the guy with the $6500 used one is in the FB group.  I plan on taking a shot at that one.  The other one that is listed is probably gonna go up there pretty good in price.

I found a custom shop usmc marked one in the green case but it is 5k and for that price I rather hold out for a Decom.  

On 4/19/2022 at 1:17 PM, MikeW said:

Thanks 👍 

I am in the Facebook group and the guy with the $6500 used one is in the FB group.  I plan on taking a shot at that one.  The other one that is listed is probably gonna go up there pretty good in price.

I found a custom shop usmc marked one in the green case but it is 5k and for that price I rather hold out for a Decom.  

I am watching both of those as well.  Seeing what these are selling for gets me tempted to sell one of mine but just can't get myself to do it yet.  

Edited by KahrMan
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

I am watching both of those as well.  Seeing what these are selling for gets me tempted to sell one of mine but just get myself to do it yet.  

IF/when you ever do would you keep the new one or the used one?   I'm torn on which to go for.  I have a couple of the M17 Surplus that are like new, a couple in excellent condition, and a couple are that are in "good".  I like them all lol     I was able to get the FOIA's  for them all and have the coins that the FB group had made.  For some reason the used M45A1's speak to me the most.

6 hours ago, MikeW said:

IF/when you ever do would you keep the new one or the used one?   I'm torn on which to go for.  I have a couple of the M17 Surplus that are like new, a couple in excellent condition, and a couple are that are in "good".  I like them all lol     I was able to get the FOIA's  for them all and have the coins that the FB group had made.  For some reason the used M45A1's speak to me the most.

I would probably keep the new one.  I like them both but I didn’t serve so I figure the used one would mean more to someone else. 

• Like 2
On 4/19/2022 at 2:31 PM, KahrMan said:

I am watching both of those as well.  Seeing what these are selling for gets me tempted to sell one of mine but just get myself to do it yet.  

Whelp, the used one ended at $8k+ this week and the new one may end up at 10k or so.  That pretty much ends it for me unless the prices decline in the future. I'm prepared to go $6-7K.  It seems like a lot of folks that have have multiples are holding on to them to see how high they go as an investment vs a "collectors item".   Heck, one guy on the FB page has eleven.  I have an M17 surplus that he contacted me about that matches the serial# of one of his M45A1's but, he only wanted to trade M17 for M17 and not his M45A1 with a pile of cash from me for the difference in the values. 

I may go a head and pick up the Colt Custom Shop marked USMC just to have a look-alike in my safe.

I've had a few of the M45A1 Decoms. The last one I sold was the earliest known serial number 01022EGA. It went for 15k...I'm starting to think I let it go too low.

The mint condition guns will ALWAYS bring more money, this is easily seen in older Colts and has been that way for decades. Three words when dealing with high end firearms...Condition, Condition, Condition!

You might be able to still find one in the 6-7k range...but you need to be vigilant and jump on it when you see it...Good luck with your search.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MikeW said:

Whelp, the used one ended at $8k+ this week and the new one may end up at 10k or so.  That pretty much ends it for me unless the prices decline in the future. I'm prepared to go $6-7K.  It seems like a lot of folks that have have multiples are holding on to them to see how high they go as an investment vs a "collectors item".   Heck, one guy on the FB page has eleven.  I have an M17 surplus that he contacted me about that matches the serial# of one of his M45A1's but, he only wanted to trade M17 for M17 and not his M45A1 with a pile of cash from me for the difference in the values. 

I may go a head and pick up the Colt Custom Shop marked USMC just to have a look-alike in my safe.

I think most of the original lot when sold people bought as an investment.  That is why I bought my two when they were initially offered.  I like collecting old Colts but I bought these because I knew they would go way up in value.

2 hours ago, MikeW said:

I was a little surprised that it went for over $8K.  I really thought it would go for about $7.  

The unissued one is already over $7k and LSB usually gets good money for their auctions.  It may very well go over $9K.  I wonder what kind of fee LSB charges for selling a gun?  I bet they are selling it on consignment.   

2 hours ago, KahrMan said:

I was a little surprised that it went for over $8K.  I really thought it would go for about $7.  

The unissued one is already over $7k and LSB usually gets good money for their auctions.  It may very well go over $9K.  I wonder what kind of fee LSB charges for selling a gun?  I bet they are selling it on consignment.   

The guys on FB seem to know it is on consignment, but I have not heard mention of thier fee for them to list an item.

Today, I joined the FB group for the non-decoms.  I may have one of those by the weekend.  

I went hard after the M17s to keep some and hold on to a few.  But most people that know what I collect know that I will very rarely sell anything that I "collect".  Most of my stuff will end up at a garage sale when I pass lol.

• Like 1