RK Show @ Knoxville Expo Center April 23- 24

Never been to an RK show at the expo center. The only thing I could find about them were folks talking about a show last year and that didn't inspire too much confidence. I'm mostly interested in Milsurp guns, SKS, Mosin, Mauser, 1903's etc, am I likely to have any luck finding those at reasonable prices or am I better off just buying from classifieds online?

7 hours ago, hotrod33809 said:

Never been to an RK show at the expo center. The only thing I could find about them were folks talking about a show last year and that didn't inspire too much confidence. I'm mostly interested in Milsurp guns, SKS, Mosin, Mauser, 1903's etc, am I likely to have any luck finding those at reasonable prices or am I better off just buying from classifieds online?

Opinions vary on gun shows in general anymore but I still believe decent deals are possible at shows. But much like the lottery you won't win if you don't play, thats guaranteed. Im contemplating taking an sks to sell and there's usually milsurps scattered about. The other good show in Knoxville is the collectors show that happens at the Shriners temple. Thats where the focus is more on collector guns.

Stop by and say hi if you attend. Always good to meet a new member.

• Like 2

I'm mostly interested in Milsurp guns, SKS, Mosin, Mauser, 1903's etc, am I likely to have any luck finding those at reasonable prices or am I better off just buying from classifieds online?

It's been my experience that there are a lot of folks attending those shows who have the same interests as I do. Sometimes you'll find something you like, but if something is desirable to a whole lot of people AND reasonably priced, it's gonna sell quickly. I think some of the collectors pieces, priced like collectors pieces, will sit on the tables waiting for the right buyer, but the buyer looking for a bargain better get there early.  If you're interested in an SKS send Fujimo a quick PM and see what his price is. He's a easy man to deal with.

I did stop by, always great to see an old friend!

@FUJIMO - hope you are having a good show!

I thought the show was good, but I haven't been to a gun show in years 

Prices on guns and accessories seemed to be in line for what you'd expect to pay.

With numerous vendors with similar inventory, my guess is you would be able to negotiate on some items.

Did see bulk 9mm for $.40 and under, that was the only ammo I spot checked.

I liked the mix of vendors, non gun was not over the top.

It seemed there was little more military memoribilia which was a nice distraction.

Walked out with dollars intact, nothing I had to buy right now.

However, it was fun to handle a few things on my radar:

M1A SOCOM: off the radar, it's really cool, but I already have a .308 that weighs a metric ton, this really won't solve any problems, other than improve my cool factor.

Beretta CX4: almost bought it, except my frugality kicked in: how many 92 vs. Glock mags do you currently own? It's very compact with short LOP; if you're medium framed or smaller, it fits - big / tall probably won't.

Compared a Ruger Wrangler vs. Heritage; all I could tell is the Ruger seems to have a nicer finish and felt a little better in my hand.

Up to the end user if it's $75-$100 nicer than the Heritage.

Classic Firearms had a table and had a large crowd with their MP5 (Century Arms AP5) clone display, so I didn't wait for an opening.

The most curious thing I saw was an older shotgun with what appears to be a Cutts Compensator. I was on my way out, so I didn't slow down to check the model, price or ask the seller about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1